This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Variable limits

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Variable limits

Postby Trygve » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:33 am

Hi

I've got the following scenario for in process control with insp. points :

For each insp.point the amount of salt is measured in the product. Then more salt is added and the new amount is measured.
Sounds easy, but then they want the target for the 'after' to be 'before' + 0,8 with limits +/- 0,5.
And it's repeated.

It means that if the amount was 1 % before addition it should be 1,8 after, limits 1,3 - 2,3.
Given that we hit on target on first addition, the next will be 1,8+0,8 = 2,6 ( 2,1 - 3,1) etc, but independent of whether we're in spec or of spec, next insp.point is again + 0,8 of 'the new before'.

I've tried to suggest that instead of checking 'after' againt limits we just measure 'before' and 'after' in two different MIC's and then we make a calculated MIC : 'after' - 'before' with limits 0,3 - 1,3.

I've proved to them that it works, but they claim that it'll be very difficult to explaing to the production people performing the tests and wants another solution.

I can see the pedagogic challenge, but I can't see any other way of solving the problem. Then again, I'm pretty sure I don't know all there is to know about SAP QM so I'm hoping for some help here.

We're running ECC 6.0, and I think it's EHP 3

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Regards
Trygve
Trygve

Re: Variable limits

Postby Craig » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:11 am

Wow! Great to see a new posting in the QM forum!!!!

Here's some ideas:

1: not sure if this will work.. just throwing it out there.
Have the old value copied in automatically from the last result as an inspection point. Use wide open specifications: (i.e. 0 - 100)
Then have the technician mark the result as invalid and create a new inspection point for the test.
Record the values.
Create a custom valuation procedure to valuate the characteristic. Since the same valuation procedure will be used for the copied value you have to set up an if/than construct in the procedure and than valuate the first instance as PASS all the time. Than on the second instance, use the result from the first invalidated result to calulate the spec and detemine a pass/fail. The downside of this is that you won't actually see the specs used for the valuation.

2: Look into flexible Specifications. I haven't used this personally in an actual implementation. You need to implement an enhancement for 4.7. Not sure about 6.0 and higher.
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ish472/help ... _qm_en.pdf
That should give you the ability to change a spec in a lot. If you can get that working, than I would see if you can use user exit
QMSP0001 Read specification values
Or
QPL10001 QM: Inspection lot creation - editing work area on creation

QPMK0001 Modify Master Inspection Characteristic Data at Creation

To update the values.

3: You might be able to just use this user exit:
QPMK0001 Modify Master Inspection Characteristic Data at Creation
to update and modify the spec range. But I've never tried that so I'm not sure.

Craig
Craig

Return to Logistics QM