This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

QM - Control of Process Performance

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

QM - Control of Process Performance

Postby fjmunoz » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:12 am

Hi,

My company wants to impliment some quality inspections during goods receipt and production. Most of them are related to "product quality" (1). In this case the QM functionalities of SAP fit with the requirements but we also want to control some other points related to the "process" (2) like: air temperature, oil temperature, machine preassure, etc.
As far as I know I always need a material on where to apply any quality inspection but, do you know any alternative for the second point?

Any help or suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Javier.
fjmunoz

Re: QM - Control of Process Performance

Postby Craig » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:50 pm

Yes.. you always need a material.

For equipment stuff, depending on exactly what you want to accomplish you can use PM to create regular calibration inspections of equipment. You need to create an equipment master and activate inspection types 14 (I think) for these. You also have to set up the schedule in PM.

Another way is to create a material called for instance, PUMP. Than create a batch for each pump. I.e. 23245. You'd also have material masters for the other general items you are inspecting.

Then you can inspect material PUMP, batch 23245.

You can also just create a dummy material and use inspection points where the inspection point description captures all the equipment information.

So much depends on your actual business needs and the equipment you are concerned with.

Craig
Craig

Re: QM - Control of Process Performance

Postby fjmunoz » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:44 pm

Ok, I will do that way.

Thanks so much.

Javier.
fjmunoz

Return to Logistics QM