This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

VC and QM Integration

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

VC and QM Integration

Postby Smith007 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:52 am

Hi All,

I am working in a steel industry implemetation project where VC and QM are vastly integrated.

I have created inspection plans which have few lesser characteristics to inspect than the characteristics contained in the variant class.

Now what happens is that whenever an inspection lot is created then the remaining characteristics from VC which are linked to an MIC also show up in the inspection lot.

Whereas I dont need to see them and I have not included the relevant MICs in the inspection plan.

Is this normal behaviour of SAP??

For example,

I have a characteristics "Width Nominal" which is a part of Variant Class and is linked to a MIC as well. But I dont need to see this in the inspection lot so I did not include this in the

inspection plan but it still shows up in the inspection lot.

How can I exclude seeing such characteristics in my inspection lot?

Thanks
Smith007

Re: VC and QM Integration

Postby Craig » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:29 am

I am not familar with the steel industry solution specifically. But this probably is related to the inspection type set up.

Look at insp type settings in the material master. There are three indicators that affect how characterisitics show up in inspection lots.
They are:
insp. by mtrl spec
insp. by task list
insp. by Var. Conf.

What are the settings you are using? I'm thinking that insp. by mtrl spec might be active in your case. You can experiment with these settings in a sandbox and see the impact that they might have in your particular solution. I'm thinking off the top of my head you have insp. by mtrl spec and insp by Var. Conf. turned on.

Craig
Craig

Re: VC and QM Integration-Resolved

Postby Smith007 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:16 am

Thanks for your response, Craig.

For anyone who would encounter this issue, I achieved this through a small enhancement.

Use QASDR_PLAN_TO_INSPECTION implement Badi SMOD_QEEV0002
and write this code "delete T_PLMK_TAB WHERE merknr >= 9001"

Thanks.
Smith007

Return to Logistics QM