This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Adding a new task to a task list for a QN

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Adding a new task to a task list for a QN

Postby lotusl77 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:45 am

I'm new to QM and cannot find a suitable answer on this site. I have a request to add a new task for a QN type, so that when one is created it is automatically added into the task list for this QN type. Can someone please let m know how I go about doing this?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Lotusl77
lotusl77

Re: Adding a new task to a task list for a QN

Postby Craig » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:26 pm

So when a new task is created you want it to retroactively go back and add the task to all notifications of the same type?

No, nothing standard for that. SAP can't provide anything like that. How would you know if new task is even applicable to an outstanding notification? If the task wasn't required for that nofification back when it was created, why would it be valid to add it now? Maybe it would be, but how can SAP know that?

You'd have to do a whole customization around that. How often do you add tasks? How many outstanding notifications are involved? I can't imagine a lot unless you are adding them to closed notifications too. Which really shouldn't be done.

Is it that time consuming to update only the open notifications with the new task manually?

Craig
Craig

Return to Logistics QM