This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

inspection specification change

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

inspection specification change

Postby srini2011 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:38 am

Hi,

Certain selective customer, based on contract Some parameter specification will change during summer,spring and winter.
It is contract specific specification get changed.
It is MTS scenario, not batch managed we do have delivery inspection.
Multiple specification is not an option, because based geographical location this specification validity period will get change.

I was thinking about 2 options
A. create 3 MIC and assign to inspection plan
B. Create 1 MiC and maintain specification in dummy field or warning limit.
use inspection plan classification and define the period in classification.
using user exit over wright the specification during lot creation...

Please let me any user exit which will be used for specification change?

or any otherway we can map it...

please throw some lights for better solution

thanks

Srini
srini2011

Re: inspection specification change

Postby Craig » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:21 pm

Create three inspection plans, one for each period with validity dates in the inspection plans. At the end of the year, copy the plans forward to new key dates. Only the year would need to be changed.

If you have a hundred plans to be done like this, it is a pain.

But if you only have 10-15 of these plans it should only take about an hour a year to copy 10-15 plans with three group counters apiece over to a new year.

I'd keep the three different plans in the same group and use the counter 1,2, and 3 for the different seasons. They won't forget becasue when the last valid date is reached, the next insepction lot created will be in CRTD status since no valid plan will be found and they'll have to fix that which should trigger them to copy over all the other plans.

If the number of plans grows to an unmanageable number, you can create a program to do the plan copy for them which they can run once year rather than add a user exit and use up dummy fields. My guess is doing a program to copy existing plans to new plans will be much easier then the user exit to change specs.

Craig
Craig

Postby ask » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:20 pm

Craig and I generally sing the same tune, except while cheering for our Baseball teams !
SInce this is not baseball, I agree with his approach entirely.
One more question I have is, do you have ECR / ECO process and to what level, because you may be able to find more automated solution than may ease this yealry activity.
You may be able to pre=plan for several years with different validity dates ahead of time etc.
But with like anything else with SAP ot IT for that matter, be aware what you ask for. There could be other change aspects within the year that might get additional level of complexity shoudl there be changes to the plan within the year,but if your scenario justifies it, cetainly go ahead and explore how ECM can help.
Anand
ask

Postby srini2011 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:10 am

Craig & Anand,

Thanks for the input.
Is't possible to maintain end date in inspection plan.. i was trying but system by default taking end date as 31.12.9999.
If i am using 3 plan/ contract with 3 group counter, each one have validity start date as assuming contract created 30.09.2011
Plan1 -Counter 1 --validity start 01.10.2012
Plan1 -Counter 2 --Validity start 01.04.2013
Plan 1 Counter 3-- validity start 01.08.2013

Every calender year we need extend the Plan for another year.
We do have lot of inspection plans and we don't know which contract specific inspection plan to be extended, once entire qty. deleverd then contract will not be used.
We are not using ECO/ECR . Without ECO we cannot change the validity start date.

That's why thought of using Inspection plan Classification and use
Hope I have explained in detail, please let me know any exit available where I can fetch plan classification value and overwrite the specification.

Thanks
Srini
srini2011

Postby Craig » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:46 pm

I'll check Monday but I'm pretty sure you need to use the change number.

Craig
Craig

Return to Logistics QM