New Inspection Point not Change Batch Classification-RESOLVE

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

cornea

New Inspection Point not Change Batch Classification-RESOLVE

Post by cornea » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:55 am

Hi All

I'm using a 01 Inspection Type (Handling Unit Managed) in ECC6. I've created the Optional MIC's with Single Result linked to the Class Char and I've created the Inspection Plan with Freely Defined Inspection Points (100). I have the same MIC in different Operations (we do different tests per Operation to update the value in the Batch).
I've done the GR and the Inspection Lot is created with all my Operations. I create an Inspection Point for First Operation and record some of the Values. After saving the IP, the system updates the vlaues in the Batch linked to these MIC's. I then create a new IP and change some of the old values to newer ones, and I add a few new ones. After saving only the new values are Classified, the current values stays the same. :-( This happens even if I use a new Operation.

Does anybody know how I can get the Batch to be Classified with the last value for each Inspection Point?

Thanx
Corne
Last edited by cornea on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Craig

Re: New Inspection Point does not Change Batch Classification

Post by Craig » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:13 am

You made a valuation for the second inspection point?

Is this an 04 lot?

Craig

cornea

Post by cornea » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:48 am

Hi Craig

This specific example is for an 01 Inspection Type, and I did Valuate the other Inspection Points. I displayed the 'Compare Batch Characteristics' and it showed the old and new value, but it is not updating it on the Batch.
I will change the settings from HU and see what happens.

Thanx
Corne

cornea

Post by cornea » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:19 am

Hi
I've deleted a few values from the Batch Classification, created a new Inspection Lot (non-HU). I created a new Inspection Point, added a couple of results and valuated them. Only the results that were empty in the batch updated, those chars that had values in the Batch did not change.

Any ideas?

Can the Config for 'Activate Batch Classification for Goods Movements in IM' play a role?
No branching to batch classification
1 Classification carried out in background (all batches)
2 Classification only in foregr.for mand.charac. (all batches)
3 Classification always in foreground (all batches)
4 Classification in foreground for new batches only

What is the impact of 'No. insp point for char. summariz.' and 'Last inspected sample is valid' under the 'Define Identifier for Inspection Points'? I'm not using Summerized Chars.

Any other Config I can check?

Thanx
Corne

Craig

Post by Craig » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:27 pm

The config you mentioned should not play a role as it does not integrate with QM.

The fields 'No. insp point for char. summariz.' tells the system how many inspection point values to average together for the result that is passed to the batch, like a rolling average. 'Last inspected sample is valid' means it only transfers the last inspection point.

When using HU's not all inspection point functionality works. You should mayb search OSS for relevant notes and/or submit your own note.

Craig

cornea

Post by cornea » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:04 am

Hi Craig

Thanx for the feedback. I also thought that it should not affect me, but I am struggling to find the solution.
I tested in our Playpen environment, and there the batch is changing everytime, even if it is Handling Units.

I notice that there are a few differences when I compare the Switch Framework (tx sfw_browser, nsw5).
Anybody has an idea if the problem can be lying here?

Thanx
Corne

cornea

Re: New Inspection Point not Change Batch Classification (SOLVED

Post by cornea » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:01 am

Hi

I found the problem! :D
There was an Object Dependancy linked to some of the Class Characteristics, but not to all of the Characteristics that was used in the Dependancy. The OD could not be completed and therefore the Classification did not update.

Corne

Craig

Post by Craig » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:16 pm

Darn! Why didn't I think of that!! :P

Craig

cornea

Post by cornea » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:06 am

It took a while to determine, as the first result gets classified and thus one assume that the Object Dependency is working.

Corné