This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

QE51N Layout

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

QE51N Layout

Postby helsmith9 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:52 am

Hi

I am trying to ascertain how you change the left hand layout in QE51N . I know you have the change layout icon at the top ( ish ) of the screen on the left and you can change the position of the selected fields and which field apepars on the first line that appears . There are 3 tabs in the pop up box that appear and i was assuming that by making changes to the line 2 tab that this would inflence the 2nd line in the layout - this is the line that appears when you press the little black triangle on line 1 . However this does not seem the be the case , amendments to the line 2 tab mean that those selected fields appear on line 1 next to the line 1 selections . Its very strange .
Line 2 seems to always default to "operation number " , then the "operation description" and the word " workcentre" and the the "workcentre description "

Does anyone know how i would be able to change line 2 ?

Thanks

Helen
helsmith9

Re: QE51N Layout

Postby Craig » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:15 am

Helen,

I have looked at that and I see what you are talking about. I cannot create a second line either.

I would have to believe that this an SAP problem. Maybe even a bug. I'd submit an OSS note on this to SAP.

Craig
Craig

Postby helsmith9 » Tue May 01, 2012 7:34 am

Hi

Thanks for the response and im glad you can see the issue
So i did raise a ticket to sap service desk before i created this post and they were not particulary useful . Firstly even though my explanation was the same as on here ( and included screen shots ) it took about 3 attempts for the guy to understand the issue in the first place and then his reponse was that i would have to pay for anyone to look into it .
Not sure if they have changed their method of dealing with tickets , but it was a pretty useless exercise as i got no-where .

Dont know what you think i should do next ...push a bit harder at SAP ?

Thanks

Helen
helsmith9

Postby Craig » Tue May 01, 2012 10:59 am

Yes. They have probably classified it as a consulting issue and not a bug fix. They will charge for consulting issues.

You should try to get it reclassified it as a bug fix instead. You might need to resubmit it as such, emphasizing that you have made the settings, (i.e. set it up for a second line), but that no second line appears.

Craig
Craig

Postby KConcarr » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:17 am

Hi Helen,

I am encountering a similar issue at the moment, where the operation description in QE51N is pulling in details of the workcentre, which i don't want as it makes the operation name look unnecessarily complicated. Did you ever get a fix for the issue you detailed in the original post.

Thanks

Kieran
KConcarr

Postby helsmith9 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:39 am

Hi Kieran

Im afraid not
SAP were not keen to help
Cheers
Helen
helsmith9