This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

QA07

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

QA07

Postby athoms01 » Tue May 17, 2011 8:11 am

Hi

I'm a bit confused regarding this transaction. Does it only work for materials that have inspection type '09' ?

My understanding was that part of the program would move batches into restricted even if '09' wasn't set up.

When I have a look in debug it seems to be checking for an entry in QMAT and not finding it and then exiting with the message "No entries found"

Any ideas ?

Cheers in advance.

Alistair
athoms01

Re: QA07

Postby Craig » Tue May 17, 2011 2:54 pm

Yes. it only works if you have turned on the 09 inspection type.

That doesn't mean you have to actually create the inspection lots. While the program looks like a single program it actually has two sections to it. The part about blocking expired batcehs runs first and moves expired to blocked stock or restricted stock depending on your configuration. This is important because once these are moved, no inspection lots will be created for them. Then the second part runs and creates the inspection lots for material in unrestircted stock that requires reinspection. I usually run this as two batch jobs. The first batch job is submittted with no values for the blocking portion. This one creates the inspection lots. The second job is submitted with no inspection interval data and moves expired material to blocked (or restricited stock). Theoritically, the second batch job would never find any stock to move since it should be picked up on an 09 inspection lot.

However, you can add the 09 inspection date, but not maintain any inspectioon interval data. If you do this, then batches will never have an inspection date calculated so the material will never be selected for an 09 inspection lot. Then when the blocking segment of the program runs, it will move these materials if they are expired.

You will have issues if you don't want to use QM but want to block expired batches since as soon as you activate the 09 inspection type, you can no longer use standard material movements to move stock in and out of QI stock. You must use inspection lots. In this case you have to copy the program behind QA07 to Z program and modify it so that it doesn't take the 09 setup into consideration. Of course though, this will now apply to all batch managed materials so make sure you properly maintain expiration dates on them.

Craig
Craig

Postby AIZ » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:41 pm

Craig,

I am trying to move the batch to blocked batch status . I have activated the material master with the inspection type 09 assigned . The SLED information is assigned to the storage view along with min rem shelf life. When i run QA07 i dont see any batches being moved to restricted batch status. Is there anything else i need to maintain. I am using this in ECC , but also have EWM being implemented

Thanks
AIZ

Postby AIZ » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:34 pm

This will not work with EWM. There is an OSS Note out there which clearly mentions that QA07 does not work for HU managed locations.In EWM you will have to build a custom report to block batches. There is a consulting OSS note which gives this solution. Search SAP notes for this topic and you will find it.
AIZ

Return to Logistics QM