How to sample every "so many" prod. units

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

alexdarre

How to sample every "so many" prod. units

Post by alexdarre » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:24 am

A particular challenge in the project I have, is how to sample every "so many" prod. units
Supposedly, every 6000 units of a particular prodct, per plant, should have a sample taken
but, Plant managers have busy days, so they basically take their samples whenever they can, which menas at the end of the day, and maybe 10000 units go by... and these samples are not from general volume, but from each product (about 6 different are done per plant)
The model I am currently using is a "03" type Inspection Lots, "IN PROCESS", which means that there is an Inspection Lot every production order, so there is a place to leave on-line inspection results anyway... but, how can I have SAP tell me when a sample is due? Seems simple but I could not get the answer among common functionalities

Thanks in advance

Alex D

Trygve

Re: How to sample every "so many" prod. units

Post by Trygve » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:59 am

I think you need to look at using insp.point 150 and make it quantity based per 6000 units.

Depending on your settings is should tell you how many samples and when they are due.
Not sure if you can get a message or warning when it's due just by using standard, but unless somebody in here gives a better answer you might develop something based in the time stamp on the insp.point.
Regards
Trygve

alexdarre

Re: How to sample every "so many" prod. units

Post by alexdarre » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:57 am

OK Thank you Trygve