COA

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

epvn

COA

Post by epvn » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:56 am

Dear ,

We are in REM and our semifinished & finished products are Batch managed, one order will be open for month.
I have created a cer.profile, HALB results need to be print out in certificate.

after creating SD delivery & PGI ,certificate created and results fetching properly for 1st time GRéd FERT

iF multiple batches are produced for eg (B001,b002, and b003) and PGI done in delivery for B001 (first produced one)
while certificate creation , system is fetching the bath value of B003 (which is produced recently) against Batch# B001 which is in the delivery line item.

i checked batch where used list, all these batches are displayed for FERT material.
for HALB one batch is displayed (HALB B001 --> fert B001).

what is going wrong, why system is fetching the latest value of the batch.

please through some light on this issue

Thanks
Srinivasan
Srinivasan

Craig

Re: COA

Post by Craig » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:15 pm

You can't select coa data from a HALB when you use monthly orders. You are seeing the reason why. It's pretty straight forward. You are consuming multiple HALB batches in the order. The system has no idea which HALB batch was used for which FERT batch. How would it?

So it is pulling the HALB data from the first matching record found in the batch where used list. This will probably be the last consumed batch. So ot doesn't matter whtat FERT batch you pick, It will pick the most recent HALB batch.

Craig

epvn

Post by epvn » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:08 am

Craig,
Thanks for quick response.
Yes, I got it..
what i was thinking , may be some other way I can fetch it.

Now it is clear it is not possible...
Thanks for your valuable input...

I was trying with batch derivation... there also I am faceing same problem. Because of Batch where used list program multiple batch for single order.

or Am I missing something batch derivation ....your valuble inputs will be highly appriceiated

Thanks
Srinivasan
Srinivasan

Craig

Post by Craig » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:56 pm

No. Batch derivation works the same way. With a single monthly process order there is no logic for determing which raw material batches go with which finished batches.

Craig

epvn

Post by epvn » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:20 am

Craig,

Thanks for your valuable input.

in REM, it won't work. It is really strange.

I need to look for other option.

thank you very much

srinivasan
Srinivasan

ask

Post by ask » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:56 am

Are you consuming HALB batch a backflush in the GR document that produces FERT batch? Then the batch traceability is maintained even with REM. So if you received B001 of FERT and the REM backflush posts goods issue for HALB batch C001...This repeats for B002 and C002, you should be able to get the traceability as desired..Of coruse, the reporting point backflush is the key that holds them together..
Anand

epvn

Post by epvn » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:21 am

Hi Anand,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I have created test data with RP backflush but still it is not working

I am producting Fert batch # F001 from halb batch #h001 , same way f002 ---H002
after PGI delivery for F002 ; and my COA results shows the resuls of H001 instead of H002

i checked BWUlist for both Fert batches.... it shows both halb batches

In REM, multiple batch per order--- BWU is not working as I thought ( even with out reporting point also same)

thanks
Srinivasan