This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Create several quality notification per inspection lot

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Create several quality notification per inspection lot

Postby cowboy90 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:31 am

Dear QM experts,

Earlier, I have started with creating one quality notification per inspection lot. One inspection lot is opened for one month with inspection results recorded every half hour using inspection point.

However, as the number of defects, cause, activities in the quality notification become so big, SAP gives me a processing time out/run time error. The inspection lot contains up to 3 operation, each having up to 30 characteristics. There is one quality notification which already have more than 6000 data record, comprises of defect type, cause code, activities, etc.

So now, I want to create one quality notification per day, which also means creating multiple quality notification for one inspection lot. How could I accomplish this?

I have tried by un-checking the check box for "One Q-Notif per Inspection Lot" in the config. However, it is still creating one Quality Notification.

Could someone please help? Thank you very much.
cowboy90

Re: Create several quality notification per inspection lot

Postby Craig » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:10 am

I don't have a system to give you exact info but I think you need to approach this a bit different.

SAP can create multiple notification per inspection lot but it is based on the defects recorded. You must have automatic defects recording set up. I'm going to guess that even though you have several operations and quite a few characteristics, most of the problems will usually occurr with one or two characteristics.

So you should have automatic defects recording setup which can create multiple notifications. But it is not one a day. One per defect. If in testing your using the same defect code, I'm not sure it will create a second notification. If you record two different characteristics out of spec, I believe it should create two notifications.

I don't think you can limit the system to just one notification a day. The only way to do that would be to turn off automatic defects recording and manually create the notifications.

Alternately you could set up a catalog of defects called "daily_note" and have 31 codes, 01,02.. 31. Keep automatic defects recording turned off. Then when an out-of-spec result is recorded you go to defects recording, select defect code 15 if it is the 15th of the month and create the notification. Users would have to check if a notification was already created for the given day. Then you would have to set up other catalogs to cature the acutal out-of-spec info.

Craig
Craig

Postby cowboy90 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:09 pm

Hi Craig,

Thank you very much for your reply, it gave me some ideas to proceed.
After discussing with the users, we are looking into the following option:
we are going to leave the defect recording setting on which would capture all defect code into the (original) quality notification.
then create a batch program to create a (secondary) quality notification, one per day, which would be linked to the original quality notification.
we will then take all information from the original quality notification (excluding the defect type) and move them to the secondary daily quality notification (basically a cut and paste operation).
The thinking is that if we divide the quality notification to one per day, then we should not encounter run-time error again.
Do you have any suggestions or see some major problems that may result from the above option?
Thanks so much.
cowboy90

Postby Craig » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:06 am

Make sure you have a process for closing out the original notifiation.

Craig
Craig

Postby becca656 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:28 am

I have a little bit different scenario but the outcome needs to be the same.

We have multiple operation/multiple characteristic inspection lots. The client wants to be able to create a notification on the basis of the defect from one characteristic. That is, if he has four different rejected characteristics, he wants four separate notifications.

I have automatic defects recording turned on and it's doing a fine job, except that I can only seem to get a unique notification at the operation level. If I reject two characteristics within the same operation, even if I do the manual activation of a notification at the bottom of the defect overview on results recording, if a characteristic has already been rejected, any subsequent defects on the same operation are assigned to the existing notification. If I create a defect on another operation and activate the notification, then a new notification is created. On the activation of the second notification for the same operation, I get an information message QF064, which indicates the notification has already been activated for the operation.

Am I missing a setting to create a separate notification for each defect, without respect to its operation? Is it even possible?

At the same time, the client wishes to only have the notification created AFTER the results recording have gone through both first and second digital signature review (QEDS). I don't think there's any connection between QEDS and QNots, is there?
becca656

Postby jvarebar » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:49 am

Hi becca656,

I`d like to know if you could be able to create separete notification for each defect.

I know that your question was 4 years ago, but maybe you still remember how you fix it.

Thank you so much
jvarebar

Return to Logistics QM