This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

recording configuration for qm

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

recording configuration for qm

Postby AIZ » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:33 pm

The configuration key is defined in Customizing and stored in the QM plant settings. The indicator for the configuration key can also be stored as a user parameter. The user parameter takes precedence over the plant settings
how do i find these user parameters in the system
AIZ

Postby Craig » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:44 pm

Ok.. Becca really helped out with this one. She found the PID's and then from there we figured out what the system was doing.

The help file is confusing. When I read it, you would think the parameter ID would for a recording configuration value. I.e. you'd set a PID with the value of 1, 2, X which is the recording configuration key.

But really, there is a different PID for each item you can select when creating the recording configuations. So the system uses the plant defined recording configuration, and then applies the values for any of the individual items that a user has defined with PID's.

Here are the individual items and the PID's:
QAE Close on continue
QAN AutomClose when navigating
QAS Autom. close when saving
QSW Autom. save on confirmation of last value
QS0 Goto to next char.,partial sample, insp. unit
QAV Goto the next operation to be inspected
QSU Skip characteristic overview screen

To find these in the future, click on the check box in config for each item and use F1 and then technical information.

Craig
Craig

Postby AIZ » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:13 pm

thanks for the help
AIZ

Re:

Postby ramn3 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:55 am

Craig, What does this user parameter id mean ? and how & where, it can be used and set ?

Craig wrote:Ok.. Becca really helped out with this one. She found the PID's and then from there we figured out what the system was doing.

The help file is confusing. When I read it, you would think the parameter ID would for a recording configuration value. I.e. you'd set a PID with the value of 1, 2, X which is the recording configuration key.Craig
[b]Ram N[/b]
ramn3

Re: recording configuration for qm

Postby Craig » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:55 am

Parameter ID's are special, often 3 character ID's that directly relate to a field. If I field has a PID you can find it by going to F1 help for the field and then clicking on the "gears" icon button for the technical info. Not all fields have them.

These the PID's for a user are found in their "OWN Data"

System-->User Profile--> Own data

The third tab is labelled "Parameters".

Here is where you define the individual value for a user. Often time, BASIS or security will assign Parameters to the users and they may not even be aware of them. They might be assigned based on security roles or a users job functions.

For instance, Paramter ID "WRK" is for plant. If you define this in the user parameters than that value will default in where ever the plant field is requested.
Be aware that not all screens honor the PID's. This is especially true were a user has the ability to create a variant for the screen/transaction.

Craig
Craig

Return to Logistics QM