This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Problem about inspection type

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Problem about inspection type

Postby draggony » Tue Oct 29, 2002 2:39 am

Hello,
I had set inspetion type 04 for the material. And the parameter is earlier goods receivpt so that it can create inspection lot when the order released.
But when I recevept the goods from prodution order ,the system will create a inspection lot again . How can I avoid it ?
I only want the system create the lot when order released .
draggony

Postby Craig » Tue Oct 29, 2002 7:08 am

This is new functionality in 4.6C and I haven't had a chance to explore all its little nuances. I have not seen what you are describing.

You might experiment with pre-assigning batch numbers in your production orders. I'm thinking that maybe you are receiving a different batch number then what is specified in the order or your doing multiple receipts against the order. I can see where those situations would cause another 04 lot to be generated.

Please.. let us know what you find out!!

Craig
Craig

Re: Problem about inspection type

Postby Arnaud » Tue Oct 29, 2002 7:57 am

draggony wrote:Hello,
I had set inspetion type 04 for the material. And the parameter is earlier goods receivpt so that it can create inspection lot when the order released.
But when I recevept the goods from prodution order ,the system will create a inspection lot again . How can I avoid it ?
I only want the system create the lot when order released .

I think you can find what your looking for in the QM view of the material, for the inspection type you can define when an inspection lot must be created with the field "Control insLot".
I hope it's the good answer...
Arnaud

Postby qmashish » Thu Oct 31, 2002 12:50 am

Hi

When you make setting in the material master for the early inspection lot then system will create a inspection lot after the order is released but the criteria is that when you finish the results recording [b]then do not give usage decision[/b]
So when the goods receipt is posted then system assigns the quantity to this lot.
I hope this solves your problem

Ashish
=====
qmashish

Return to Logistics QM