This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Cancel GR after UD

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Should system allow to cancel GR after UD ?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 05, 2002 8:51 am

Yes
25%
No
75%

Total votes : 4

Cancel GR after UD

Postby qmwala » Sat Oct 26, 2002 8:51 am

Hi QM Gurus,

Is it possible to cancel GR after UD ???? We have just gone live and users are still not very careful. So GR is getting made for all quantity instead of partial ( actual) qty. The same qty is cleared by QC. I know this must not happen. But if it happens , then how to correct the transaction without any objectionable FI implications ???

Please help me out with this ...
Regards,
QMwala
qmwala

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:28 am

Hi,

You didn't tell what version you use but there is enhancement QEVA0008
which you can use to cancel UD. Be very careful :!: if you use this since there can already be requirements from production for that lot you want to cancel UD and change amount.

Regards,

pia

Postby Craig » Mon Oct 28, 2002 7:05 am

While the enhancement is available as mentioned it is not suppported or recommended by SAP. This can cause great probelms later, especially when you try to upgrade or apply new notes and hot packages. You'll never be sure your enhancement is stilll working right cause SAP isn't taking it into consideration when new notes and packages are released.

I woul sugest incorporating some simple business procedures. Especially if this is new to your people. For instance, sending a copy of the packing slip with the sample to the lab so the technicians can verify the qty against what the UD will be made for. Any errors can be corrected easily then with a MBST.

Track and see who are making the errors in the GR's. It maybe that you need to offer some remedial training to some of the people who do GR's.

Get Creative: Set up a contest, similar to safety contests.. the person who goes the entire year w/o a GR error gets a gift certificate for two at a local resturant. Have a department/plant contest if many folks do GR's. I.e. for the department with the lowest % errors, all members receive a gift certificate.

Get Mean: If you find thta there are a few folks that consistently make errors, even after remedial training and some one-on-one training, then it becomes time to make it part of their personal evaluation. Set specific goals, document them, and get them in writing. If performance doesn't improve, management has to remove that person from that job.

Bottom line is, the people have to be trained to do their job right and then they must do it. Doing the GR properly is no different then expecting lab technicians to record their results in an inspection lot correctly. I doubt if you'd tolerate shoddy work from your techs very long, the receivers shouldn't be any different.

Craig
Craig

Postby Craig » Mon Oct 28, 2002 7:16 am

Forgot to mention how to correct this when this does happen. I didn't mention how you are doing it now. I imagine you are doing it via standard SAP material movements that are limited to a few special folks. This would not change. It should be difficult and hard to correct so that folks resolve the issue causing the problem, people doing receipts incorrectly. :D

Craig
Craig

Postby qmwala » Thu Oct 31, 2002 6:05 am

Hi folks ,
Thanks for your inputs...both technical and managerial.....
However, I am still not able to correct the mistakes done by users... the problem is once I post the UD, in no way I can reverse the stock postings...and unless I do that, I can't cancel the GR.
The problem is I can't do any MM transactions with mvt types affecting inspection stock. So how do I correct the excess quantity in system ?????

Please give valuable inputs as we have to move out this stock any way..

Regards
QMwala :cry:
qmwala

Cancel GR after UD

Postby Daniel Pereira » Thu Oct 31, 2002 6:47 am

Hi QMwala,
Read OSS note 175842 that address this issue in detail regarding
reversing of UD movements. Note however the valuable warnings
posted before.

Also if you are just thinking in terms of correcting stock quantities (as you
stated in your last post) why not considering stock adjustments using
physical inventory counting functionality.

Good luck and Cheers,
daniel pereira
Daniel Pereira

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 31, 2002 8:32 am

Here's a REALLY Ugly way of correcting the stock!!! If the material is batch managed.

Activate 09 inspection. You can tick off the Inspection characteristics check box so you only need to do the UD and no results recording. Edit the batch and change the expiration date to tomorrow's date. Run the deadline monitoring program JUST for that material and plant with a window of one day. An 09 inspection lot should be created that is stock relavent.

Make your UD. Post the extra material to scrap or sample. Either one writes the value of the stock off and depletes inventory. Post the proper amount of material to unrestricted inventory.

All this allows is the stock correction. It does not update the original purchase order or anything like that. Also, you stats will still be wrong. Do not do this in a Pharmaceutical application.. you will (or should), get your hands slapped. When the remaining material arrives in from the vendor it will have to be written on manually using stock postings. If you want an inspection lot generated, it will have to be a manual 01 inspection which will not be stock relavent. Again, you could 'trick' the system again and create a stock relavent 09 after first moving existing released material to blocked so it is not included when the deadline monitoring program runs, leave the new material in unrestricted so it is picked up.

Process the 09 then like you would the 01. Remember to reset the expiration date. This is all very work intensive, which it should be!! There must be incentive to correct the problem that causes the error to begin with, (incorrect work by the people doing GR's).

Craig

Postby Craig » Thu Oct 31, 2002 9:13 am

Didn't realize I wasn't logged in on last post. Sorry.

Craig
Craig

Return to Logistics QM