This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

How to make the standard fields 'required' in a notification

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

How to make the standard fields 'required' in a notification

Postby Monica » Thu Oct 24, 2002 10:52 am

Does any one knows how can I make the some of the standard fields in a notification required?

Thanks.
Monica

Re: How to make the standard fields 'required' in a notifica

Postby Jim » Thu Oct 24, 2002 4:34 pm

One trick to make a non-configurable field act like a required field is to attach a "Field-Exit" to the field domain. When the SAP screen processes the PAI, the field exit will be triggered. The value for the field can be analyzed and an error message can be conveyed to the user.

Field exits can be created via CMOD. Menu path Text Enhancement-> Field Exits. They can ge global in nature or program\screen specific. A field exit is a function module which begins with "field_exit_(SAP Data Element name)". SAP transaction SE37 take you to the SAP function module library.
Jim

Postby QM » Fri Oct 25, 2002 12:14 am

Hi
You can make the standard field in notification as required. Go to notification screen and find out the program screen for it thro' status. I think the program screen for it is SAPLIQS0.

Now use transaction OQFA ( In customization, Quality Management->Environment->Tools->system modification->Adopt Field selection. Here in the field module pool you put the program screen name SAPLIQS0 and go to change. You can make the field as u want.

Hope this will solve ur problem.
QM

Postby Zebuth » Fri Oct 25, 2002 8:05 am

Sorry Jim and QM.
I dont want to destroye your solution, and perhaps It 's me who have problems with English language !!
But if I understood Monica's problem, transaction OQM1 should be enough.
Are you agree ?
Zebuth

Postby SAPguy » Fri Oct 25, 2002 2:50 pm

Zebuth,
You are correct OQM1 should be enough for Monica's question. Usless she is referring to other fields not on a standard notification.
SAPguy

Postby Monica » Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:59 am

Thank you so much for all your answers.

Still I do not get where I want.

I tried using transaction OQFA, but it does not include the fields that I would like to make required, like the material number.

The SAP version we are using (4.6B) does not have transaction OQM01.
Any idea what 4.6B does not include it? Is an executable program attached to it that I could call with SA38?

Thank YOU again.

Monica.
Monica

Postby Zébuth » Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:36 pm

OK. I didn't know you were in 46B.
If you don't have better, perhaps you can call an "Abap man" and use user exit IWOC0001. It is previous for adding a development for reference object determination. Perhaps it could possible to put the field "Material n°" required (if this field is one of your reference objects in your notification).
Bye.
Zébuth

Postby kevin » Thu Oct 31, 2002 10:33 pm

Hi Monica,

If you think of using a User Exit , You can look at
QQMA0014 QM/PM/SM: Checks before saving a notification

This will allow you to do whatever checks you want before the 'save' happens.

regards and keep smiling.

Kevin Hill
kevin

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 01, 2002 6:40 am

Monica wrote:Does any one knows how can I make the some of the standard fields in a notification required?

Thanks.

Hi,

Because you don't state the fields you want manadatory I cannot be sure my answer is correct for all your problems. Field Inspection lot cannot be set mandatory.

However, go to IMG:

QM: Quality Notifications: Notification Creation: Notification Types: Define Screen Templates then choose the field selection you need (e.g. material VIQMEL-MATNR belongs to reference object screens).

If you want your change to apply only one notif. type:
Choose your field --> click Influencing --> choose field --> Influencing --> select notification type (Contents) --> press Enter --> set fields mandatory --> save.

Postby Daniel Pereira » Mon Nov 04, 2002 11:53 am

Hi Monica,
In your present version to add more influenced fields use SFAW and to
manage those fields use SFAC. Hope it helps.

daniel pereira
Daniel Pereira

Return to Logistics QM