This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Finished good inspection during production

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Finished good inspection during production

Postby Patrick Chen » Thu Oct 24, 2002 9:04 am

Hi,

I am very happy that we have a separate forum.

I have question for inspection type 03(origin 03). This client perform the final inspection for finished products before GR from production. I define an inspection operation as the last operation in routing and use inspection type 03 for finished products. So an inspection lot will be created after production order release.

But I find even I do not finish usage decision for the inspection lot or I give an rejection code during UD, the warehouse staff can still do GR for this production order through t-code MB31.

Is it possible that if QM staff does not finish UD or give an reject code, the warehouse staff can not do GR using MB31.

Thanks a lot.

Patrick Chen
Patrick Chen

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 24, 2002 10:17 am

You have to use inspection type 04 in your case !

Hope it helps !
Eric
Eric

Postby Craig » Thu Oct 24, 2002 10:39 am

It also sounds like you'll need to set the 04 inspection lot for 'early creation' to satisfy your business needs.

Craig
Craig

Postby qmwala » Fri Oct 25, 2002 12:51 am

Hi Craig,
When you say ' set for early creation', what do u mean by that ? How do you do it :?:

Regards,
QMwala
qmwala

Postby Craig » Fri Oct 25, 2002 3:15 pm

As of 4.6, in the material master, in the QM view, in the inspection type settings, under the item "control inspec. lot" (not sure of exact wording there, not on a system), there is now an choice for early creation of inspection lot.

This allows the 04 lot to be created at the time of order release instead of GR. Also, as of 4.6 you can use inspection points with 04 lots which also adds a lot more flexibility to in-process testings and finished goods testing.

Craig
Craig

Postby Caroline Y » Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:36 pm

You can also used status profile that attached to production order number.

You can create status profile that "disalld" - confirm order. But again, this settings need additional work for QC person to change status of production order in CO02 after doing inspection or UD.

CMIIW,

Caroline
Caroline Y

Postby Hans Bjelke » Fri Nov 08, 2002 6:49 pm

I agree with Craig's solution. We are using extensively the creation of inspection lot at order release (indicator "Y" and inspection type "04").
this way Lab guys can almost follow on-line the analysis and only when the GR posting is performed, they make the UD
Hans
Hans Bjelke

Postby Hans again » Sat Nov 09, 2002 6:47 am

Correction: UD can be made before the stock posting is carried out. After this step, one can move the stock from quality into free usage.
Regards
Hans again

Return to Logistics QM