This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Logical Destination WORKFLOW_LOCAL

Business WorkFlow

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Logical Destination WORKFLOW_LOCAL

Postby Swalt on Fri May 16, 2003 2:50 am

Hello all,

I have an issue with the logical destination for workflow. Normally, the RFC destination should be WORKFLOW_LOCAL_xxx where xxx is the client number.

The event is raised okay, and in the RFC log (SM58) the error we see is "RFC destination WORKFLOW_LOCAL does not exist.".

My question is: Why does the workflow use the destination WORKFLOW_LOCAL instead of WORKFLOW_LOCAL_016? (We are currently working in client 016)

Thanks and regards
Swalt

Swalt

Postby Guest on Fri May 16, 2003 4:13 pm

How does system know the local workflow client number if one does not exist. Do this may be the generic message you are getting. Why don't you first create the local destination & try your work flow.

Postby Max Cypher on Sat May 17, 2003 10:47 pm

Hi,

You could also look at the customising options in SWU3 - running auto-customising will create your RFC destination for you.

Regards,

Tim
Max Cypher

RFC Still unanswered...

Postby Swalt on Mon May 19, 2003 12:42 am

Hi

Thanks for the help guys. I've done auto customizing before. And I've also tried SWUB directly (The TCode that gets called if you run the RFC step in SWU3). Besides, does auto customizing work correctly in the live environment where the client is closed for config changes?

But for some reason the workflow uses WORKFLOW_LOCAL (no _xxx). Can anyone tell me where this comes from?

Thanks
Swalt
Swalt

Postby M.O.R. on Thu May 22, 2003 7:12 am

Hi,
I' ve recently encountered the same error message. According to SAP support, the RFC-Destination WORKFLOW_LOCAL is a hardcoded fallback in case the WORKFLOW_LOCAL_XXX does not work. So the error message indicates that something's wrong with your original destination. In our case, we had to re-enter the password after an upgrade although lights were green in SWU3.

As to autocustomizing in PROD, it is supposed to work (concerning config changes), but practically I often experienced that job scheduling didn't work reliably.

Wishing you luck,
Marc
M.O.R.

Return to Business WorkFlow