This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Workflow Task Notifications

Business WorkFlow

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Workflow Task Notifications

Postby peternewman666 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:54 am

Hi

I am very new to workflow, so please excuse my ignorance. :D

I have been attempting to create a new version of the standard workflow template to approve travel expense of HCM, which is triggered by the creation of a employee trip.

So far I have been pretty successful and have managed to create notifications that are sent to the employees informing them when their trips have been approved or rejected. However I cannot seem to see a way of notifying the agent to let them know a travel expense is awaiting their approval. Where should I be going to set this up, as I can only see that completion text in the standard task sends out a notification (but this is on completion of the step)? I'm not sure what the other text types are for.

Any pointers would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Pete
peternewman666

Re: Workflow Task Notifications

Postby edubyjc » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:45 am

Hi Pete,

if you create a version of standard wf, you can send a external or internal e-mail or message any time you want.
To send a corporate e-mail (for example: outlook) in a place out of SAP, you can use the infotype 0105, subtype 0010 to read this address and them send it.
If is this the solution that you need, you have to configure the transaction SCOT, ok?

regards,
Edu
edubyjc

Re: Workflow Task Notifications

Postby arghadipkar » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:55 pm

You should use Report RSWUWFML2. This ends notification to the users who receive the workitem and the email is picked up FROM SU01D for that SAP User id.

Thanks
Arghadip
arghadipkar

Return to Business WorkFlow