This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Force P.req. release through WF, not ME54N

Business WorkFlow

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Force P.req. release through WF, not ME54N

Postby Trygve » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:53 am

Hi

Been a while since I last visited this forum, I've been busy doing QM for a while.....

We're in version 4.7 and we're using a copy of the standard WF. Release groups defined baded on value, account assignment and business area. Several people in the same release group.

I've got the following problem :

We've got some people who can both write and release requisions, but they're not allowed to release their own requisitions.

I thought that this could be handled by putting 'WF initiatior' as 'Excluded agent', and it works..... as long at people doesn't go directly to transaction ME54N.

The trouble is that people do use ME54N instead of going through the WF and then they can actually release their own requests, and our authorized public accountant doesn't like that.

I tried to remove access to ME54N, but then they can't release in the WF either.

Any suggestions on how I can handle this ???
Regards
Trygve
Trygve

Re: Force P.req. release through WF, not ME54N

Postby edubyjc » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:50 am

Hi,

i think you need to remove the access to ME54N for your users, and them use the Workflow to approve using WF-BATCH in background.
I do this here and it works... but in my approves i´m not show the transaction ME54N, i do it in background...

regards,
Edu
edubyjc

Re: Force P.req. release through WF, not ME54N

Postby arghadipkar » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:08 pm

I think in order to make this fullproof you have to put some code in the USER Exit.

You can also try to implement this BADI

ME_PROCESS_REQ
ME_PROCESS_REQ_CUST
ME_PURCHDOC_POSTED

Thanks
Arghadip
arghadipkar

Return to Business WorkFlow