This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Standard SAP Jobs failing and generating HR Admin Check

Business WorkFlow

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Standard SAP Jobs failing and generating HR Admin Check

Postby NMCDONNE » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:57 am

Hi
Our company uses a custom leave request (WS90000007) as opposed to the SAP standard workflow (WS12300111). We have recently started to encounter an issue with the generation of a work item called 'HR Administrator: Check Request Data with R/3 Data'. It happens quite frequently, and seems to be associated with the leave request workflow going down an incorrect path which triggers the generation of this work item to managers in the portal.
While I have been looking into this with the technical team, they have advised that the 4 standard sap jobs need stabilising as they seem to fail. The jobs are RSWWCOND, RSWWDHEX, RPTARQPOST, RPTEXTPT. As our workflow is custom we cannot benefit from sap support. The worrying thing is that when I am looking at the workflows that have generated these work items, many of them show that the manager approved the leave request, and also that the document was status was POSTED yet when I look in our sap system the IT2001 absences have not been generated. Accordingly I am needing to go through them one by one right now to see whether or not any action is required before deleting these work items which the managers inevitably query.
Some options mentioned by the technical team including adding more code to the standard sap jobs (thereby customising them) to try and overcome this issue or else have someone in HR regularly check these work items and manually remove.
As a HR person, I find it odd that they have only really started to be generated - last 6 months. I wondered whether this issue is perhaps a known issue and can be addressed another way, or there is someway to troubleshoot this a little further to better understand the root cause.

If anyone has any experience of these types of issues, might you be able to let me know how you have been handling them possibly ?

Thanks a lot
Nicola.
NMCDONNE

Return to Business WorkFlow