This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Workflow Question on adding fields

Business WorkFlow

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Workflow Question on adding fields

Postby KDT » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:38 am

Please forgive me, I'm on the functional side and think workflow can add so much value for us. I have enacted WS11100007 for our end users. The workflow allows us to show in the message certain information from an object. When I look at the binding I don't see that I can reference certain text fields in the document to bring that text into the workflow message. The document the workflow looks to for the information is a object type. If I do 'get detail' on that object I can see the two lines of text that I would like to display in the workflow message itself. How do I get this fields to be ones I can reference in the workflow message?
Regards,
KDT
KDT

Re: Workflow Question on adding fields

Postby bucka » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:28 am

Hi,

I have had a look at that Workflow Template.
In our version of SAP it was incomplete and had undefined Tasks.
If it was me, I would use it as an example and build my own Workflow from scratch.

Depending on the version you are on (We are on ECC6) you can also implement enhancements and other new tricks to eliminate parallel paths, tasks that carry out 'system activities' , etc....

I have an approach that (as much is practicle) only tasks that are required to be processed by a user need to be visible in the Workflow Builder. This will probably required a developer to achieve.

I am lucky, I am a developer with functional experience and WF skills so I can do it myself.
Once you have done one, you can really kick goals.

I look at some of my old Workflow Templates and shudder (but they work)...
Kind Regards,

Ron Johns.

The older I get the better I was.
bucka

Return to Business WorkFlow