This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Dynamic Parallel processing with Termination step

Business WorkFlow

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Dynamic Parallel processing with Termination step

Postby contactkris » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:39 pm

Hi Folks,

I have a requirement for sending a workitem for Approval/Rejection to a set of users ( dynamic, variable ). I have modelled the workflow based on the Multiline element in my container ( my multiline element is a table of User Id objects ).

My multiline step is a SubWorkflow ( with two tasks in it. one for displaying a transaction MM03, and the other for Approval/Rejection decision screen ). I capture back the Approvals/Rejections of all the users in the subworkflow ito the main workflow container.

The problem is figuring out how to terminate the parallel subworkflows when one of the user in a subworkflow does a rejection. ( for ex: if there are 4 users, then 4 subworkflows are triggered and if one of the subworklow is completed with a User doing a rejection, then all other parallel subworkflows need to be terminated. )

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Krishna
contactkris

Re: Dynamic Parallel processing with Termination step

Postby serteixeira » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:32 am

Hello,

I don't know if I understod your problem but you can do this with a fork. You can have 4 outcomes and 1 necessary to terminate or, if this isn't suficcient, do the fork but insert a condition that checks a container element for rejection (rejected = X?).

Hope this helps...
Sérgio Teixeira
serteixeira

Return to Business WorkFlow