This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

How to "activate" a notification task by workflow

Business WorkFlow

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

How to "activate" a notification task by workflow

Postby Dodli on Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:20 am

Hi Sap Gurus,

I'm business workflow junior :(
How can I "activate" a Notification task through SAP Workflow
How can I "write" a notification task in the notification and set "complete" to the task

I mean, Is there a "method" that the workflow will "activate/create" a task by himself, not that the task will activate the workflow

Thanks
Dodli

Dodli

Postby christmaslights on Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:49 am

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Workflow steps can be actioned either by an agent doing something in the foreground or by the system carrying out some pre-programmed task in the background; which one it is is defined on the workflow task control tab. Eg in our PO workflow we have a step where some orders do not go to an agent but are released automatically in the background, and since the Release method it uses is defined as synchronous as soon as the task is finished the step is completed. Is it something like this that you mean when you say "Is there a "method" that the workflow will "activate/create" a task by himself" ?
Using SAP R/3 version 4.7 BASIS 6.20 under SunOS on an Oracle 10.2.0.2.0 database
christmaslights

Realy to "write" a task in the notification

Postby Dodli on Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:43 am

Thanks for the reply

Is there a way to "write" a notification task (a task inside SAP Notification -Tranzaction CLM1, IW51 etc.) that the workflow will pick task from catalog and write it in the Notification
Like "CREATE TASK" I didn't find something like that

Thanls
Dodli
Dodli

Postby bucka on Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:39 am

Dodli,

There should be a Method in the Business Object that you can use in a Standard Task.
What is the business Object you are trying to use?
Service Notification is BUS2080 and I'm pretty sure you can use one of the Change Methods to do what you want.

Let me know the Notification you are using (Service or PM) and I can check it out for you.
Kind Regards,

Ron Johns.

The older I get the better I was.
bucka

Return to Business WorkFlow