This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

sending mail after PO creation

Business WorkFlow

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:30 am

Hello everybody!!

I have a scnario in which i have to send a mail to requistioner as soon as purchase order is getting created.

I dont have any clue how to do that. I have a badi in whihc hi can write code for this but i donr know which function module to be used for this.
In workflow what can be the triggering event?

Can anybody come up with some idea.
:idea: its urgent!!!

Postby sapab » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:19 am

hi !

actually its very simple to do it directly from the workflow itself. just add a send mail step after the activity 'PO creation' and choose 'E-Mail Address' in 'Recipient Type' and put the mail-id of the receiver in 'E-Mail Address'.

as far as function module is concerned, u need to call 'SO_OBJECT_SEND'.

hope this helps.
sapab

sending mail

Postby lekoria » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:11 am

hi,
add the send mail object in workflow and specify the mail address. u need not use the function module.
from workflow it goes to SCOT , then from there schedule batch job will send to external or outlook.
u r job in workflow only. basis will take care of scot.
give me a shout ,
:)
abaap mad
lekoria

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:16 am

Hi,

Actually if i am using business object type for purchase order then triggering event wont work. Becuase some configuration is required in mm (spro) for that.

I am working on purchase requistion release workflow and any configuration is not required for purchase order release procedure and so standard task wont work.

Don't have idea how will the workflow trigger when purchase order will get creatd.

Requsition workflow is worknig fine. the last step is to send mail to the requistioner as soon as purchase order is gettign created. business object for Po is bus2012. Can you please help me. Thanks

Shweta

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:19 am

I dont need to send mail outside sap. I need the mail in business workplace only.

sending a mail

Postby lekoria » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:05 am

Hi,
If u do not want send mail via workflow, still u can do via message control. your app consultant knows abt this. small config need to set up like NACE output type. enjoy the day.
:D
Abap Mad
lekoria

sending a mail

Postby lekoria » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:11 am

Hi shweta,
go to po workflow in change mode.
add the send mail object in workflow then specify the user as shweta
whenever workflow created , automatically mail goes to inbox.
u can check it in sbwp.
:lol:
abap mad
lekoria

Postby sapab » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:46 am

hi shweta !

actually the event for PO created does not exist. the event which will trigger your workflow is 'ReleaseStepCreated'. Also go to IMG settings in 'SPRO' and goto SAP Web Application Server -> SAP Business Workflow -> Perform Task-specific Customizing and activate event type linkage for Purchasing (under MM Module).

Moreover incase you wish to create events, then extend the Business Object and add events and Delegate.

Hope this helps.
sapab

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:12 am

Hey thanks for your suggestion.there is a workflow for release of purchase order. it gets triggered only when certain configuration is maintained in customizing same like the workflow for release of requistion.

So even if i will put send mail step it wont work coz the workflow wont trigger without those customization. the customization cannot be done because there is no release strategy for PO.
I am working alone on this and i dont have a functional consultant with me, Can you through come light on nace procedure. I have tried doing tht also. there are things like partner function and all which i am not understanding, i just know that output type is neu and medium for this is 9 (that is Events (SAP Business Workflow)).
What to assign in partner functionm i dont know.
Can i go and create a new event for business object bus2012 (its subtype) which will trigger the workflow the moment purchase order will get created?

Thanks!!!
Shweta

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:16 am

Hey sapab thanks :)

The event releasestepcreated wont trigger without some customizatiom. Till now i havent created any event. So not understanding how to do it.

I actually created subtype and tried creatin an event but dint succeed . moreover i dont know what ot write in the code. have never seen any sample code also. i tried searching for the code of releasetepcreated but dint find :(
Can u plz help me.

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:59 am

thanks everybody i am using function module SO_OBJECT_SEND to send the mail to the requistioner.

Postby sapab » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:41 am

hi !

in case u wish to know about all the functional settings do let me know may be i can send some more information.

Basically u have to do a lot of IMG settings in SPRO, including setting up a release strategy, etc.

Even in the standard workflow u can add send-mail step. but to make that function properly u need to have the release strategy in place.
sapab

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:19 am

Hey thanks . since i am using user exit approach for role resolutino i dont need those functional settings. i am fetching the users with the help of my code and it is working absolutely fine without org structure

Re:

Postby karennguyen » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:13 am

HI,
I'am afamily of this question. I'am working alone so you can tell me step by step to do that? Thank you so much.
karennguyen

Re: sending mail after PO creation

Postby Gothmog » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:11 am

Raising an old thread and requesting spoon feeding...
Two good reasons to close this.
Please read the basic rules.
68 74 74 70 3a 2f 2f 74 69 6e 79 75 72 6c 2e 63 6f 6d 2f 62 64 6f 37 6d 77 67
Gothmog

Return to Business WorkFlow