This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Letter from Admin

Announcements etc.

Moderators: rtella, Snowy

Letter from Admin

Postby admin » Tue Oct 22, 2002 5:56 pm

What exactly happened during the last 4 weeks?

The site went down due to heavy load on the server and the disk got corrupted in the process. I thought I had a backup option with the hosting services but unfortunately our hosting company said I did not.

Our hosting company tried to recover the data and finally suggested to send the disk to data recovery labs. I went ahead with thier plan. They sent the server's disk to data recovery labs in Atlanta and the staff at the lab worked on the disk for several days and said it was fixed. When our web hosting tried to install the new disk with the data provided by data recovery labs they could not find the actual data.

Again they sent the disk back to the labs to recover the data. This time, the data recovery labs said they recovered the data but it was going to cost me 10 to 15 thousand dollars. At that point, I decided to go live with whatever I have as a backup on my pc.

When I asked our hosting company to go live, they asked me to change the name servers so I could be on their new network which would be better than the old one. After I changed the name servers the site did not work as they were having problems with the new network. In this process I lost one more week and lost my patience and asked them to switch to old network until they fix the new network. So, again I had to change the name servers to the same old ones over the last weekend.

I am really sorry for what had happened. Over the last 4 weeks it was a terrible time for me as I did not have any control over the site. I am glad we are back online. Now, I have backup plan in place and also the server got upgraded.

I am currently working with other data recovery labs to get the data back.

Thank you all for the continuous support in running this site successfully over the last 4 1/2 years.

I will try my best to keep this site up and running for SAP fans.

Thank you again.

Rao Tella
Admin
admin
Site Admin

Return to Announcements