This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

S_BDS_DS

SAP Security

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, jurjen

S_BDS_DS

Postby Bill1976 » Thu May 24, 2012 3:22 pm

Hello All,

Does anyone know the impact if I fully open object S_BDS_DS. Right now we have the obect as display only and people are complaing that they cannot download to a spreadsheet.

Best regards,
Will
Bill1976

Re: S_BDS_DS

Postby Gary Morris » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:13 pm

Are you sure it is not S_GUI that they are missing?
Gary Morris
SAP Security Consultant
garydavidmorris@gmail.com
Gary Morris

Re: S_BDS_DS

Postby Bill1976 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Hello Garry,

I opened a message wih SAP, the follwoing was thier response: "This function module is designed to download spools to the user's Frontend PC. With a background job, there is no GUI connection to the
Frontend so this is not possible. e.g. the call below within function module RSPO_DOWNLOAD_SPOOLJOB is not possible in a background job."

SAP recomended the following: "There are other methods to print to a file. e.g. see the following note:
6753 - Printing in file (to magnetic tape) or elsewhere"

I reviewed the note, did some research on the net and resolved the issue by creating a printer and UNIX script as advised in the note and what i found on the net.

In a nut shell what I did was to create a printer in SPAD and passed to a UNIX script, that i was advised to create, via the print device I created. All is well now. What happens when I use that printer for a report it creates a file to a UNIX directory, the script renames the file to add date and time to the file name. I elected to add the time to the file name in the event the job gets run twice in a day.

Best regards,
Will
Bill1976

Return to SAP Security