This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Launching Crystal Reports via BOBJ InfoView

SAP Security

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, jurjen

Launching Crystal Reports via BOBJ InfoView

Postby 67ireland » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:41 pm

Hello all,

The Developers have created a Crystal Report that sits on BOBJ InfoView where they want a typical end user to be able to run. The report jumps over to ECC and brings back data from the MARA table. Now, I'm new to this but figured that at the very least the security required on the ECC side would be some RFC access and then S_TABU_DIS 03 / MA. Certain RFCs are required but also object ZSEGREPORT with activity 02. Which was originally required for the developers to create the report. I did some digging and found discussions surrounding tcode /CRYSTAL/RLS where once you create a custom auth object you can link them to a particular table in in tcode.

I build object Z_TABL, linked it to MARA in that tcode, added it to the security role, added MARA to the field name TABLE (only field in Z_TABL) tried to run the report again with the TestID and again it wanted ZSEGREPORT with activity 02. So, in the trace the only thing that was checked was some S_RFCs, that ZSEGREPORT and the report brought back data from table MARA.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks,
67ireland

Re: Launching Crystal Reports via BOBJ InfoView

Postby 67ireland » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:29 pm

"Solved" issue. Need to have "Allow access to only tables listed above" checked.
67ireland

Return to SAP Security