This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Limit users to maintain only a field in MM02 - Possible ?

SAP Security

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, jurjen

Limit users to maintain only a field in MM02 - Possible ?

Postby GreenGreen » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:59 am

Dear Experts,

In MM02 (change material master - immediately), there is a View "Plant data / stor. 1", in where a field called "Storage bin" (MARD-LGPBE) located.

I would like to limit all users can access MM02, but only have the authorization to maintain this field only.
Changing all other fields are not allowed.

Is it possible to do so in the setting of PFCG??

Thank you.

Regards,

Green Green
GreenGreen

Re: Limit users to maintain only a field in MM02 - Possible ?

Postby GreenGreen » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:04 pm

Dear experts,

Further study to find that it may involve the authorization object "M_MATE_*" with activity "02", but I don't know which one, or how to limit the authorization to only one field.

Kindly if you could help.

Thanks & regards,

Green Green
GreenGreen

Postby Sharpshooter » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:13 am

You cannot enable field-level security in the material master with standard SAP authorisation objects.
I once had the same requirement (Only update the storage bin) and solved it by writing a bespoke transaction for it.
Good luck!
Sharpshooter

Postby GreenGreen » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:18 pm

Sharpshooter wrote:You cannot enable field-level security in the material master with standard SAP authorisation objects.
I once had the same requirement (Only update the storage bin) and solved it by writing a bespoke transaction for it.

That's great, Dave !!

Kindly if you could share me with more details on it.

Thanks & regards,

Green Green
GreenGreen

Postby Sharpshooter » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:24 pm

The transaction required user to input the material, plant and storage location. They press <ENTER> and see the bin with an opportunity to change it.
The update is carried out with function MATERIAL_MAINTAIN_DARK. Any reasonably competent ABAPer should be able to do this quite easily.
Good luck!
Sharpshooter

Postby Gary Morris » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:38 pm

SHD0 can be used for this also. Not sure if it will meet the need, unless you test it. It allows you to hide or make non editable etc fields for a screen. When your done it creates a Ztransaction that you put in the role and remove the SAP delivered transaction. It does this without needing to modify the ABAP code and therefore is easy to maintain during upgrades. There are cases when it has to be rebuilt after a major upgrade such as ECC 5 to ECC 6 but even then it might be only a few that have to be rebuilt.
Gary Morris
SAP Security Consultant
garydavidmorris@gmail.com
Gary Morris

Postby GreenGreen » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:40 pm

Gary Morris wrote:SHD0 can be used for this also. Not sure if it will meet the need, unless you test it. It allows you to hide or make non editable etc fields for a screen. When your done it creates a Ztransaction that you put in the role and remove the SAP delivered transaction. It does this without needing to modify the ABAP code and therefore is easy to maintain during upgrades. There are cases when it has to be rebuilt after a major upgrade such as ECC 5 to ECC 6 but even then it might be only a few that have to be rebuilt.

Dear Gary,

SHD0, which is a program and screen no. based control, cannot limit the change to only a group of colleagues, but affect all users who will use MM02.
What I want is only a limit no. of people can use MM02, but only the "Storage Bin" field could be maintained.
Is it possible? May I know how?

Thanks & regards,

Green Green
GreenGreen

Postby Al. » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:55 am

GreenGreen wrote:
SHD0, which is a program and screen no. based control, cannot limit the change to only a group of colleagues, but affect all users who will use MM02.
What I want is only a limit no. of people can use MM02, but only the "Storage Bin" field could be maintained.
Is it possible? May I know how?

Hi, you can limit variants to specific groups of users.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpd ... ameset.htm

Otherwise you'll need a customisation as mentioned by sharpshooter.
http://www.turnkeyconsulting.com/
Al.

Return to SAP Security