This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Yellow Auths on roles for transport from 1Client toanother

SAP Security

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, jurjen

Yellow Auths on roles for transport from 1Client toanother

Postby mikethebike » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:52 am

Hi,

I am with SAP version SAP R/3 Enterprise (4.7).

I created a transport of a composite by putting a check mark on 'also transport the single roles of composite roles' but there is no check for 'also transport the generated profiles of the single roles' because I only want to transport the roles names with the composite but not the content.

From the ' FROM' Client, the single roles have a green tab for Authorizations and inside those authorizations it's all in green too but when the composite is transported with SCC1 transaction from one Client to another, the 'TO' Client has a yellow Authorization tab for all the single roles even if the authorizations inside those roles are all green.

Can someone help me out to find out why the Authorization tab on those single roles is yellow for all of them, it should be green because the authorizations inside are green?

I don't want to regenerate all those single roles for them to be green, it should be an automated process.

Thanks.

Mike
mikethebike

Re: Yellow Auths on roles for transport from 1Client toanother

Postby Al. » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:08 pm

Hi,

If you select "also transport the single roles of composite role" but don't transport the corresponding profiles then the roles will arrive in the target system requiring a regen as the role and the profile will appear out of sync. To avoid this you will need to transport the profiles too.

How you are currently do it is a halfway house - you get the composite & the role but not the profile. I can't remember off the top of my head but I think if you transport just the composite then it will pull the role texts through & you will keep the assignment (assuming that the roles exist in the target system). I've not tested this so may be wrong.
http://www.turnkeyconsulting.com/
Al.

Return to SAP Security