This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

SAP Licence through different connections

SAP Security

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, jurjen

SAP Licence through different connections

Postby waichan999 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:07 pm

Dear all,

I am not sure if this question should be posted under this topic. If not, please kindly let me know the correct topic, thanks.

As we know, WebDynpro application (in a portal) connects SAP through type "RFC", even if there are more than 1 user login to portal and call different WebDynpro application. SAP counts only 1 connection and 1 licence used.

In our case, we are constructing a portal. In the portal, we call a t-code through iview. Then we find that the connection type is "Plugin HTTP".

Question

If there are more than 1 user login to our portal, and call different t-code from our portal and through "Plugin HTTP" connection. How many licene does SAP count? 1 or more?

Does anyone know about this? Thank you very much!

Best Regards
Wai
waichan999

Re: SAP Licence through different connections

Postby Al. » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:54 am

Hi,

Unless you have negotiated otherwise, each user requires a licence commensurate with what they need to do in the system. While the method of access may hide what is happening (depending on what is done in the backend), there will be consequences of non-compliance in your contract with SAP. I recommend that you speak to your SAP account executive as they will know what has been agreed etc.
http://www.turnkeyconsulting.com/
Al.

Return to SAP Security