This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Blocking transactions

SAP Security

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, jurjen

Blocking transactions

Postby Penelope » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:38 am

Hi everybody: is there any way of blocking transactions per user? I need to block three txs for for ten days each months to almost all user except for HR team.

I haven´t figured it out so far (I tried doing mass changes, deleting and adding roles and also using groups but it´s not what we need).

Thank you.
Pen.
Penelope

Re: Blocking transactions

Postby Al. » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:57 am

Hi,
One option is to write a program to automate the removal and re-provision the roles based on a specific time schedule.
My preference would be to implement a detective control where changes were monitored and individuals breaking the no-change policy were disciplined appropriately. Once a couple of people have been made example of, the rest will not do it. Obviously this also takes into account things like proper comms and understanding of the implications etc.
http://www.turnkeyconsulting.com/
Al.

Postby cleaner11 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:36 pm

Not confirmed, But as per my knowledge, this may not be desirable because it means only one person can be updating any account at a time. More likely you want many accounts to be updatable at the same time but not allow many transactions to be updating the same account. This is where you would need record locking
cleaner11

Postby Al. » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:48 pm

The only record locking required is that which is provided by SAP as default functionality (example 2 people can't simultaneously maintain data for a particular customer). Time based removal of access is finding a technical solution to what should be an organisational problem.
http://www.turnkeyconsulting.com/
Al.

Return to SAP Security