Classifications

SAP Security

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, jurjen

k4renm4c

Classifications

Post by k4renm4c » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:57 am

Hi

I have an idea that I am going to prototype in our sandbox but am looking for further ideas/feedback.

We are using an existing class 002 for vehicles, type EQUI for our PM work. It has hundreds of characteristics. I want to copy this class 002- VeHicles and call it eg 002- VEHICLES_ALL_USERS. Then I want to copy this new class and call it eg 002-VEHICLES_RESTRICTED. Class VEHICLES_ALL_USERS should be a superior class to VEHICLES_RESTRICTED. This lower class will NOT contain all of the characteristics, just some of them (no pricing etc).

In business/functional terms, I want some users to have access to all the fields in the superior class but contractors to only have access to the chars in their class. And I want/hope to control this via security and classification setup!

I have a couple of QS..
1) Does anyone know of a link to follow to achive this in the correct order or even a better way? Will it work?
2) I know security has an authorisation object 002 for Vehicles but if I copy the class then it will also be 002. Is it possible to restrict this through security further or do I need two new classes eg 101, 102?

All advice appreciated.

Tks k

thx4allthefish

Re: Classifications

Post by thx4allthefish » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:12 am

i am shadowing this in Security/SAP Other.
curiousorange wrote: I give up. Humanity isn't worth saving. Why is there never a Vogon Constructor Fleet around when you really need one?

k4renm4c

Re: Classifications

Post by k4renm4c » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:52 am

I have resolved this myself...

I created two copies of class 002 and one inherited the other by CL22N. It has to be same class type for inheritance. I also specified an org area 1 and 2 respectively for each new class In CT01. Then you need to make the equipment-class link via CL20N. I will copy all of the existing equipment classification characteristic values over from existing class using a standard BDC to the two new classes, then delete the restricted characteristics from the lower class. So the superior class with see everything and the lower class will only see the allowed characteristics. We are controlling this through the standard classification objects in the user profiles for class and organisational area eg Permanent employee has superior class and access to lower class (altho can see everything in superior class anyway), contractor only has lower class. Through the inheritance the updates in one are seen in the other.

Thanks Karen