Firefighter - Message to Firefighter / Multiple Logon [R]

SAP Security

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, jurjen

MikeNZ

Firefighter - Message to Firefighter / Multiple Logon [R]

Post by MikeNZ » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:38 am

Hello

We are in the process of setting up SAP GRC - FIREFIGHTER and have encountered the following issues...

1) Multiple users can logon using the same Firefighter ID at the same time? Is this correct - my understanding was that only one firefighter could use the Firefighter ID at once?

2) When a Firefighter is logged on - the field - FF ID Used by - remains blank - is this correct? my understanding was that this should show the firefighter who is using the logon.

3) When you click on the 'message to firefighter' icon - the message 'no firefighter is using the xxxxxx FirefightID' appears - even though a user is logged on with this ID.

I suspect all three issues are related....

For all the above:
- Do you know if this functionality has been removed from Firefighter application?
- Is there a setting or parameter that I need to set to enable the above features?

Thanks in advance
FYI - I have checked OSS notes and can't find anything relating to this.

mithileshkotwal

Check User Exit

Post by mithileshkotwal » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:52 pm

Check the FF_52_ABAP_Installation document from the GRC release 5.2 documents from the service market place and check whether the part about implementing the logon user exit has been completed. Not sure if this is the solution to your problem but its worth a shot. Let us know if this works for you.

MikeNZ

Post by MikeNZ » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:25 am

Hi

SAP note 947726 - fixed the issue

mithileshkotwal

Post by mithileshkotwal » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:33 am

Its strange that the FF problem has been fixed by a note related to audit logs