CJ01 - Restrict Access to Project Profile

SAP Security

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, jurjen

MikeNZ

CJ01 - Restrict Access to Project Profile

Post by MikeNZ » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:53 am

Hello

The project I am working on has a requirement to restricted CJ01, CJ03 - by 'project profile'.

I can't see any authorisation object that looks like it does this as standard.

Does anyone have any experience or ideas about how to restricted by project profile?

Thanks

thx4allthefish

Post by thx4allthefish » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:49 am

if there's nothing set up to now, you can change that. Go to tx. SU24, enter CJ01 and check the authorization objects/values. Investigate the transaction ... you can set any object that is convenient to check/maintain. Make sure you know what you are doing ... search this forum for more details about SU24 and read the documentation.
curiousorange wrote: I give up. Humanity isn't worth saving. Why is there never a Vogon Constructor Fleet around when you really need one?

swright

Post by swright » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:58 pm

Mike, have you had an explanation from the requster regarding what they mean by project profile?

I've often found that the business analysts and security do not always speak the same language. Perhaps you are getting unclear specs? Also SAP is well known for using one term (eg profile) to have lots of different meanings, so they could be confused about what they want.
Sandi
~~~~

Tuly kiwi. Image

Putting the Chur in Christchurch, bro!

MikeNZ

Post by MikeNZ » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:07 am

Hello

Yes - I reviewed SU24 as my 1st point in the problem solving. Am familar with how it works.

There were no objects values / that meet the requirement (hence my post).

Sandi - yes have been working with the business on this one and we are trying to restrict the two type of business users who are using project - CAPEX and Marketing.

Project Profile - is the PROFL feild when you start Txn CJ01.

Any ideas?

thx4allthefish

Post by thx4allthefish » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:41 am

there are several enhancements for CJ01 concerning authority checks:

SAPLCNAU-LCNAUU03
SAPLCNAU-LCNAUU04
SAPLCNAU-LCNAUU08
SAPLCNAU-LCNAUU01
SAPLCNAU-LCNAUU16
AUTHORITY_SPROJ (BADI)

curiousorange wrote: I give up. Humanity isn't worth saving. Why is there never a Vogon Constructor Fleet around when you really need one?