This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

CUA problem

SAP Security

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, jurjen

CUA problem

Postby wmscottmc on Wed May 30, 2007 3:56 pm

From our CUA child system I am able to run SU01 and RENAME a user. This is not good. (I cannot create users, or edit users using SU01)

I assume that I should not be able to RENAME a user from a child sytem. And once I rename a user I am able to edit it from the child system.

How can I disable the SU01 RENAME function? (for CUA child systems)

Thanks.

wmscottmc

Postby thx4allthefish on Thu May 31, 2007 3:58 am

please tell us your release and hotpackage level on both basis and aba. this is definitely a bug.
curiousorange wrote:I give up. Humanity isn't worth saving. Why is there never a Vogon Constructor Fleet around when you really need one?
thx4allthefish

Postby wmscottmc on Thu May 31, 2007 11:34 am

solution manager (CUA)
netweaver 2004s basis 700 patch 9 sapkb70009
aba 700 patch 9 sapka70009

child system
basis 620 patch 60 sapkb62060
aba 620 patch 60

Thanks.
wmscottmc

Postby hydvijay on Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:04 am

Setting Up Field Distribution Parameters

If you are using Central User Administration, you can use the distribution parameters in
transaction SCUM to determine where individual parts of a user master record are maintained.

• In the central system
• Locally in the child system
• In the child system with automatic redistribution to the central system and the other
CUA child systems

Every input field of the user maintenance transaction SU01 has a field attribute that you set
once in the central system with transaction SCUM during Customizing. As far as possible, you
should then not change the field maintenance indicator at all.

If you later change the distribution from Local or Proposal to Global or Redistribution, data inconsistencies can occur. When resolving these inconsistencies you must proceed with the utmost care. Otherwise data losses will occur.
The only exception to this is the Locks tab page. You can change the indicators
on this tab page at any time without any risk.

Procedure

Log on to the central system
In the Implementation Guide (IMG, transaction SALE), choose Modeling and Implementing Business Processes → Predefined ALE Business Processes → Cross- Application Business Processes → Central User Administration → Set Distribution Parameters for Fields (transaction SCUM).
The system displays the User Distribution Field Selection screen, with tab pages of the fields whose distribution parameters you can set. To display additional fields, choose page down.

You can select the following options on the tab pages:

Global You can only maintain the data in the central system. The data is then automatically distributed to the child systems. These fields do not accept input in the child systems, but can only be displayed. All other fields that are not set to “globalâ€
hydvijay

Postby wmscottmc on Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:06 pm

Ive set the Field Distribution Parameters correctly (as far as I can tell).

The problem is that I can run SU01/RENAME from a child system, and this probably should not be allowed. I cannot edit or create a user using SU01 which is correct.

Does anybody else have this problem? Is the RENAME option in SU01 greyed out, or available in your child systems?
wmscottmc

Postby thx4allthefish on Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:44 am

sorry for delayed answer. i've checked in my own child-systems. i'm on ecc 5.0. it's also possible to rename a user. you are right - this should not be. i will open a call with sap and come back here to place their answer (as soon as i get one).
curiousorange wrote:I give up. Humanity isn't worth saving. Why is there never a Vogon Constructor Fleet around when you really need one?
thx4allthefish

Postby thx4allthefish on Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:21 am

so long as in tx. SCUG is a system with the message:

New System: Not All Users Were Copied

it is possible to rename users in order to adjust those users for the copying to the CUA.

says SAP.
thx4allthefish

Postby wmscottmc on Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:32 am

fish -
Thanks, I guess. It sounds like rename is allowed (in the child system). And I guess there is no way to disable it? The problem that we have, is that once a child system user is renamed, his user record is wide open to edit in the child system, and some cua users are not in sync with the child systems.

Let me know if you get any more info, thanks.

so long as in tx. SCUG is a system with the message:

New System: Not All Users Were Copied

it is possible to rename users in order to adjust those users for the copying to the CUA.
wmscottmc

Postby thx4allthefish on Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:09 am

well - i told the solution: goto tx. SCUG, import all users and your problem is solved.
thx4allthefish

Postby wmscottmc on Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:27 pm

Fish,

I imported all users, but I can still rename users. SAP wants me to remove and then add the child system to see if this helps. According to SAP I should not be able to Rename from the child system.
wmscottmc

Postby mithileshkotwal on Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:14 pm

I just checked our system and see that the Rename Option is disabled
Following is the CUA level
SAP NetWeaver 2004s
WAS 700
mithileshkotwal

Postby wmscottmc on Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:15 pm

That worked, rename is now disabled for us in the child system. Thats good, however rename is also disabled in the CUA.
wmscottmc

Postby chumy on Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:10 am

we are running CUA on SRM 4.0.

in our child system, we cant rename users.

it does not allow us do so.

i guess u have a bug.

chuma.
chumy
chumy

Return to SAP Security