This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

How times have changed...

Discussion about non-SAP related issues: Inquiries, Personal & Commercial advertisements, etc. ( For registered users only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish, The Prince Of Darkness

How times have changed...

Postby DrSidewalk » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:43 am

I watched "Miracle on 34th Street" the other day, with the Mrs and the little ones. She kept pointing out to me how non-white everyones teeth were in the film. We have been so conditioned nowadays and expect EVERYONE in film nowadays to have pearly whiter than white teeth.

In contrast, we later watched the "Good, Bad and the Ugly" and I pointed out to the Mrs how white Clint's teeth were, but that's because he had a really brown face and no doubt his teeth were bleached by the sun while recording the film. ;) The wife lasted about 15 minutes before deciding that the film was boring. Mind you, me saying EVERY word to the film did not help matters. I once watched the film in a German bar in Majorca. It was dubbed in German, but me an friend said all the words in English as they were mouthed. The German guys did not like it, but we were so drunk we took no notice. Different times....
DrSidewalk

Re: How times have changed...

Postby monty carlo » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:24 am

I watched It's A Wonderful Life last week and was bemused at all those folks that were supposed to be under the age of 30 that dressed like old men/women.
Kids seemed to go straight from being a child into being a miniature adult. And I guess they were glad to do it as was probably the only visible indicator that you were maturing - dressing like dad and aspiring to a trilby, while wearing your trousers pulled up to your nipples.
I guess that all changed in the 50s when rock and roll came along and teenagers were invented. Goodbye suits, hello bluejeans!
monty carlo

Return to General Talks