This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Discussion about non-SAP related issues: Inquiries, Personal & Commercial advertisements, etc. ( For registered users only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish, The Prince Of Darkness

Postby DrSidewalk » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:31 am

Wow, it was interesting to read about Cordova. At first I thought it was actually an SAP product but then realised it was actually Phone Gap renamed. Adobe used to own Phone Gap which is a cross platform code generator whereby you could create a product and it would then produce the code on the various movile platforms. Well, not just mobile platforms as it supports Windows and OSX a well.

Anyway, Adobe have donoted the Phone Gap product (renaming it Cordova) to the Open source foundation, which was nice of them. See link below for details of this...

Anyway, read further on Cordova for SAP....

It looks like a nice solution that can be used for SAP solutuions.

Dr Sidewalk

Re: Cordova

Postby Martin_US » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:17 am

I'll take a look, thanks.

Doing some browsing the other day, I came across Pelles C compiler.
Also a neat thing that is free of charge and provides skeleton code for various applications.
Windows and mobile.

Only reason why I was looking for something Free is because sometimes it is often easier to write some code on the Laptop to prepare data for loads into SAP. Sort of pre-processing and Free because then I don't get licensing issues with a client. i.e. long discussions about spending money and depending on ABAP resources.

Return to General Talks