Bloody Cheek!

Discussion about non-SAP related issues: Inquiries, Personal & Commercial advertisements, etc. ( For registered users only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish, The Prince Of Darkness

Snowy

Re: Bloody Cheek!

Post by Snowy » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:07 pm

Sandi wants to get away from heartquake!

swright

Post by swright » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi Snowy

Nothing planned, but as my partner-in-crime (aka husband) works for a (non SAP) consulting firm that has offices in US, Aussie, and UL/Europe we have discussed a move if the $$ are right and for me the work is interesting. Th field he is in is short expertise so if he wanted to work form one of the companies other sites it would not be a problem.

I'm permie now but it looks like our current project which is winding up might be the last big bit of work so could be heading for boredom. I have very good working conditions here and I would love to see our city rebuild. That said, we are keeping our options open.
Sandi
~~~~

Tuly kiwi. Image

Putting the Chur in Christchurch, bro!

Snowy

Post by Snowy » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:49 pm

Sandi,

Wishing you the best!

bgamble

Post by bgamble » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:36 am

Where in the USA?
In my opinion, Pepper Spray is underutilized as an effective tool for scope control

Martin_US

Post by Martin_US » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:26 pm

Well,

you must be seriously brain damaged to move to the US and work for a consulting firm.

Squarebear

Post by Squarebear » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:06 pm

Has anyone else ever thought "I can perhaps trust agent X. He seems difference from the others"?

Never do it. Not ever.

I did this very recently with an agent I liked from (ooh, let's call them PINK KOMMERSE) and he did all he could to steal my new contract from beneath me even though contracts had been signed and exchanged.

I've been in this game far too long to make schoolboy errors like that.
Possibly the most modest person in the world.

Martin_US

Post by Martin_US » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:06 pm

As a consultant, you always face the shit.

Not sure how that works in good old Europe, but here in the US the first thing you have to deal with is incompetence paired with pure greed.

Incompetence because you get a holy shit load of emails that don't remotely match your qualification - which in turn makes you wonder what kind of Software they are using - next to SAP module combination that is rare at best.

Then the ultimate bullshit question about an all inclusive rate, without exact project location or even project scope.

Finally, you get to the job site, look at the project plan (if such a thing even exists) and you figure "that ain't gonna work". You face the usual load of stomp speeches with weekly non sense "all hands" meetings, that add no value to anything.

I am not entirely sure where they find the losers. I did my strategic project management certification in the mid 90's. I have my degrees in economics and computer science.

Yet, I am constantly under the impression that either
- The guys live in a parallel universe to which I have no access
- The are in denial, because the consequences of the shit are just too hard to face
ion- The get their education through catchphrases from Computer Week or worse

The quality of the recruiting process already starts with "What is your work authorization?" question.
Plus of course the two to three personal references.

The cream on everything of course is when you ask if they (agency) has an adequate SAP system for testing purposes.

I kid you not, recently there was an ad from a well known US company. Stating they make over $9 billon revenue, but a pre-requisite is that you have your own car to drive to their subsideries. HELLO? Who is so shit faced to even write that in a job offer for a perm position?

The so called implementation partners lie to the clients as if there is no tomorrow and the clients are dumb enough to buy it.

I was on a gig in Germany not so long ago and they wanted to port a heavily modified SAP installation to France. Most of the add-ons were with hard coded texts in German. The translation of that stuff would have taken a year alone - I got that confirmed by another Software partner. They didn't have a clue how to build a landscape to support the live environment and mods for the second implementation at the same time. I panned that all out for them. Big disbelieve and I told them "do the shit yourself" and left. Well, 2 years later, nothing has been started, the IT manager did his diapers full and left and the company hits the headlines about every two weeks because of bad management.

They just won't learn and as I wrote earlier, they are in a state of denial.

bgamble

Post by bgamble » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:05 am

Martin_US wrote: Not sure how that works in good old Europe, but here in the US the first thing you have to deal with is incompetence paired with pure greed.

Two of the most important attributes for a successful carrier in consulting
In my opinion, Pepper Spray is underutilized as an effective tool for scope control