Laptops and Smartphones banned in Florida!!!

Discussion about non-SAP related issues: Inquiries, Personal & Commercial advertisements, etc. ( For registered users only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish, The Prince Of Darkness

Craig
Posts: 5505
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:07 pm
Location: Heading back to the Milky Way...
Contact:

Re: Laptops and Smartphones banned in Florida!!!

Post by Craig » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:01 am

It's totally out of control. It's driven by the media and our intouch with everything and everybody world.

During the school year it's funny to see all the family SUV's and mini-vans parked at the corner to pick up their kids off the school bus. And its only ONE block to their homes for these kids!!

yes.. bad stuff happens but not as often as people think. People think the US is bad.. it's a country bigger than Europe. Of course we have more incidents. But the media would have you believe it happens every day and every child is being followed by a pedophile, and every stranger is a rapist or murderer. Every husband is a wife beater, every cop is a power starved, ego driven racist pig, every teacher sleeps with their students, every Hispanic is an illegal Mexican, and every Muslim is a terrorist.

We've become a society that likes and expects to live in fear and expects the worse in people. What a sad thing.

Craig

VLozano
Posts: 5142
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:17 am
Location: Idiocity
Contact:

Re: Laptops and Smartphones banned in Florida!!!

Post by VLozano » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:09 am

Craig wrote:every child is being followed by a pedophile, and every stranger is a rapist or murderer. Every husband is a wife beater, every cop is a power starved, ego driven racist pig, every teacher sleeps with their students, every Hispanic is an illegal Mexican, and every Muslim is a terrorist.
The same "happens" here, but nor them nor me have guns, and we cannot start a gun-fight just because we are in a bad mood.
Tuly Idiots
Because we know we are part of the problem

VLozano
Posts: 5142
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:17 am
Location: Idiocity
Contact:

Re: Laptops and Smartphones banned in Florida!!!

Post by VLozano » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:11 am

Tuly Idiots
Because we know we are part of the problem

Craig
Posts: 5505
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:07 pm
Location: Heading back to the Milky Way...
Contact:

Re: Laptops and Smartphones banned in Florida!!!

Post by Craig » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:16 am

Martin_US wrote: The same is true with some 'black' people. They developed their 'own' language and it is difficult to know what they mean. So, they live in a bubble. This certainly goes both ways and I am not sure what the middle ground could be. It's simply that it means people avoid each other. That's not very helpful.

In the political correct world, hardly anyone would admit this, but it is simply a fact.
I'd agree with you. If you are born here, or a naturalized citizen you are an American. You are not African-American. You are not Mexican. You are not Indian, Armenian, Italian, German or Russian. You are American. You need to learn the language and understand the laws. You have to have religious and racial tolerance. If you don't like those things, go elsewhere. If you think Europe has all the answers.. please.. go there. If you like Australia.. please.. go there. If you want to be Mexican... go to Mexico. If you want to be African, go to Africa. Otherwise.. be American and by all means, celebrate your heritage, but be an American first.

Craig

Craig
Posts: 5505
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:07 pm
Location: Heading back to the Milky Way...
Contact:

Re: Laptops and Smartphones banned in Florida!!!

Post by Craig » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:21 am

VLozano wrote:[
The same "happens" here, but nor them nor me have guns, and we cannot start a gun-fight just because we are in a bad mood.
And gunfights rarely happen here between law abiding citizens minding their own business.

There are always ways to kill people. Just ask that soccer referee in Brazil that was attacked by a mob, and literally quartered and his head put on a stake. (of course the ref stabbed a player). So as usual, both parties contributed to the end result.

Craig

Martin_US
Posts: 663
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 9:40 am
Location: Walking amidst the Stars

Re: Laptops and Smartphones banned in Florida!!!

Post by Martin_US » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:48 am

Craig wrote:
I'd agree with you. If you are born here, or a naturalized citizen you are an American. You are not African-American. You are not Mexican. You are not Indian, Armenian, Italian, German or Russian. You are American. You need to learn the language and understand the laws. You have to have religious and racial tolerance. If you don't like those things, go elsewhere. If you think Europe has all the answers.. please.. go there. If you like Australia.. please.. go there. If you want to be Mexican... go to Mexico. If you want to be African, go to Africa. Otherwise.. be American and by all means, celebrate your heritage, but be an American first.

Craig
I think the worst are those who immigrate to the US and do not want to adopt. I did it mysef nearly 20 years ago and went through some trouble keeping my German Passport.

I agree with you. However, it becomes more and more apparent that people do not want to adopt and like to remain in their community. I think that is very counter productive, but I noticed that over the last 15 years or so.

That's the difference between tolerating other believes and embrace american values.

bgamble
Posts: 4174
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:24 pm
Location: Prague CZ
Contact:

Re: Laptops and Smartphones banned in Florida!!!

Post by bgamble » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:11 am

Craig wrote: We've become a society that likes and expects to live in fear and expects the worse in people. What a sad thing.
When I lived there we were The Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave. I'm not sure how you guys fucked it all up since I left.
In my opinion, Pepper Spray is underutilized as an effective tool for scope control

Craig
Posts: 5505
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:07 pm
Location: Heading back to the Milky Way...
Contact:

Re: Laptops and Smartphones banned in Florida!!!

Post by Craig » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:27 am

Here's an article from today's Philly papers.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20130 ... _else.html

We allow a group like this to demonstrate and say the things they do through bull horns on the street.

Now if I did the same thing but swapped the word white for black I probably wouldn't survive more than a hour.

Craig

bgamble
Posts: 4174
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:24 pm
Location: Prague CZ
Contact:

Re: Laptops and Smartphones banned in Florida!!!

Post by bgamble » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:40 am

Religion is almost always harmful
In my opinion, Pepper Spray is underutilized as an effective tool for scope control

VLozano
Posts: 5142
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:17 am
Location: Idiocity
Contact:

Re: Laptops and Smartphones banned in Florida!!!

Post by VLozano » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:14 am

Said the most faithful member of the True and Living Beer of Airport Bar of the Last Working Days.
Tuly Idiots
Because we know we are part of the problem

Rich
Posts: 7116
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:47 pm
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Re: Laptops and Smartphones banned in Florida!!!

Post by Rich » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:19 am

Craig wrote:
Martin_US wrote:If you think Europe has all the answers.. please.. go there.
Don't you dare send your rejects here....

However, I do agree with what you say, and at the opposite end of the world to us, the Australian president has actually said as much so good on her.
Regards

Rich

Image
Abap KC:http://www.richard-harper.me.uk/Kb
SFMDR:http://www.se37.com

Craig
Posts: 5505
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:07 pm
Location: Heading back to the Milky Way...
Contact:

Re: Laptops and Smartphones banned in Florida!!!

Post by Craig » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:15 am

Rich wrote:
Don't you dare send your rejects here....

Unfortunately I think it's harder to immigrate to Europe than the US, legally and illegally. :(

Maybe someday our government will wake up and decide we should actually know who is here and who isn't and send home those who have exceeded their visa's. Wow.. what a novel idea!

I'm not anti-immigration at all.. I just want accountability!

Craig

Craig
Posts: 5505
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:07 pm
Location: Heading back to the Milky Way...
Contact:

Re: Laptops and Smartphones banned in Florida!!!

Post by Craig » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:19 am

bgamble wrote: Wow all it takes is for an unarmed black child to get killed to revive Sapfans GD... for an hour or so anyway

Lets talk about Snowden Hell that might keep this pig in the air until Friday


<Serve>.....I think Snowden is a freaking Hero... <Approaches Net>
Actually I kind of do too. So I'm not sure I can volley back anything. :)

Folks thought the Republicans were bad. The Dem's have proved they are quite capable of spying as well. Internally and externally.

Craig

Martin_US
Posts: 663
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 9:40 am
Location: Walking amidst the Stars

Re: Laptops and Smartphones banned in Florida!!!

Post by Martin_US » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:27 pm

Craig wrote: Unfortunately I think it's harder to immigrate to Europe than the US, legally and illegally. :(

Maybe someday our government will wake up and decide we should actually know who is here and who isn't and send home those who have exceeded their visa's. Wow.. what a novel idea!

I'm not anti-immigration at all.. I just want accountability!

Craig
Actually Chris,
as American you are fine with Germany. They won't give you much trouble if you want to stay there.
Immigration or naturalization is a different ball game, but not much different than in the US.
I actually think, H1B scams aside, the US more difficult.

The immigration reform and allowing more H1B got me a little pissed off.
The pure statistics and companies ruining that system speak for themself.

Targeting Mexicans as 'immigration violaters' is a laughing matter.
Those are mostly hard working people.

H1 is a rotten apple and should have been killed with that reform.

Martin

Craig
Posts: 5505
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:07 pm
Location: Heading back to the Milky Way...
Contact:

Re: Laptops and Smartphones banned in Florida!!!

Post by Craig » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:29 am

Martin,

The HIB visa won't go away because of the technology companies. No other reason. Companies like Accenture, IBM and other consulting firms miss use this program totally. It's to the point that US citizens won't pursue programming as a career in college because they know they have to compete against the program with people always willing to take lower and lower rates than whatever a US citizen takes just so they have the opportunity to come to the US and eventually get sponsorship and a green card. It wouldn't matter what rate a US citizen would be willing to work for, the H1B folks will ALWAYS take less.

The Mexican's are hard working people. No one in the US denies that at all. But we DO want to know who is here and what services they utilize. It's not fair to our citizens or those trying to legally immigrate. Illegals come to get their kids here in our schools, to have their kids born here so they are automatically US citizens. Those that don't do it for that reason come simply for the money and send it back home. They live 10-12 guys in a 3 bedroom apartment. I've seen it firsthand in Delaware and Pa and we aren't even a hot bed of illegals. They work hard but most of their money goes back home. If we want them to work here, fine... but get them on some type of list and make sure they pay taxes like the rest of us.

A reasonably accepted estimate is 12 million illegals in the US . 12 MILLION. That's more than the entire population of Belgium (11,166,000) which is the 11th most populous European country, (includes Russia). 12 million is only an estimate. Estimates range from 9 million to 20 million.

In 1970 Mexican legal and illegals were estimated at 750,000. Now, in 2013, in one generation (43 yrs) that has grown to over 11 million.

If our illegals could join the EU they would be the tenth largest member.

This is not a racial thing as most people want to paint it. It is economic. Based on wire transfers of funds, (the preferred method legal and illegals use to send money home), over 20 billion a year is sent to Mexico and that was last published in 2005. I'm sure it's much higher now. That's money that SHOULD be spent in the US. I'd love to know how much money is sent back home to India.

Craig

Post Reply