Laptops and Smartphones banned in Florida!!!

Discussion about non-SAP related issues: Inquiries, Personal & Commercial advertisements, etc. ( For registered users only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish, The Prince Of Darkness

VLozano

Re: Laptops and Smartphones banned in Florida!!!

Post by VLozano » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:15 am

I was trying to add some humor too, Bryson. As an eager follower of your fakebook posts (mainly because your philosophical thoughts), I know you could be one of the three USofAians who I would talk about politics without been upset.

The whole affair sucks, but that kind of shit happens (mostly in the US, of course, but happens).

And if you want to offend me, you will need to raise your efforts over the ones from S_C... I think he did it some times :wink:
Tuly Idiots
Because we know we are part of the problem

Martin_US

Post by Martin_US » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:30 am

I am not a lawyer, but Zimmerman was on trial for muder and that requires some high legal standard.

Whatever was presented didn't convince the jury. Now I would admit that I find this a little strange too, but alas, I wasn't there when the jury did the deliberation.

As it is, every person knows that it is better to stay away from certain areas and if there is a neigborhood watch going on, then you should be extra careful.

By my standards, there would have been a guilty verdict at least on involuntary man slaughter, but (as far as I know) that's not what he was on trial for.

I am not sure that racism is what's going on here. People do overreact easily and that includes the police at times.

Baz

Post by Baz » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:37 am

This is hardly new.... Ask Rodney King!
Baz

AsPiRiNg tUlY iDiOt Image

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

check out my Podcasts http://dj-baz.podomatic.com

bgamble

Post by bgamble » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:16 am

I did not watch the trial or read anything about the trail but I know this :
Zimmerman shot martin and was free to walk around why the cops tried to figure out what happened for 6 weeks
If Martin had shot Zimmerman, he would not have known freedom for the next 10 years at least. Starting the night of the shooting

In the US there are three Justice systems

1. For the Rich
2. For the Whites
3. For the Blacks

This is why in an american jail you never have to worried about being raped by a banker. Pretty much the only place in America that can be said
In my opinion, Pepper Spray is underutilized as an effective tool for scope control

Craig

Post by Craig » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:51 am

The prosecutors reached for a charge that wasn't possible in this instance. They should have included manslaughter in the charges and they would have had a chance. Don't be surprised if they attempt a prosecution on the lessor charges. (I don't think double jeopardy applies if the charges are different, not sure on that).

There are only two people that really know what happened and one of them is dead. Unfortunately there were so many ways this could have been avoided. One being that Martin ignores Zimmerman and just continues home. Another would be to tell Zimmerman to call the police and he'll patiently wait. Instead, in some way he helped to escalate the issue. You walk away whenever possible and that is what I tell my kids. Confrontation is almost always a lose, lose situation. And no.. I'm not a liberal Democrat.. far from it. Zimmerman was an idiot and should be in jail just for that. But as was clearly shown in the trial, the proof of Murder 2 wasn't even remotely possible.

Unfortunately a strange white male in a black neighborhood is not considered a threat but is considered a mark.
A strange black male in a white neighborhood is considered a threat.

I'd be in more danger in an all black neighborhood than a black person in almost any all white neighborhood. And while that's caused by number of other social economic reasons, no one wants to talk about that.

Craig

(BTW: I grew up in a fairly racially balanced area of Philly, 50/50)

bgamble

Post by bgamble » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:57 am

Craig wrote: You walk away whenever possible and that is what I tell my kids. Confrontation is almost always a lose, lose situation. And no.. I'm not a liberal Democrat.. far from it. Zimmerman was an idiot and should be in jail just for that.

Check out the Florida stand your ground laws

Unfortunately there is no penalty for being and Idiot in the USA. In fact its encouraged
In my opinion, Pepper Spray is underutilized as an effective tool for scope control

Martin_US

Post by Martin_US » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:08 am

There are many reasons why the law is what it is.

Not saying it always fits modern times and that it shouldn't be changed.

But as Craig said, sometimes it is better to just walk away. Plus of course, I have no idea how the kid was dressed, but if I see some just during day light, gangs comes to mind.

Craig

Post by Craig » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:09 am

Please Baz, Rodney King was almost 22 years ago. And it was after a high speed chase and involved the cops during the apprehension. Not quite the same thing. I saw the video. It wasn't started until much later during the incident and after he was tasered twice. They want to make Rodney a hero. Yes, he shouldn't have been beat on. But he was far from an innocent kid in a neighborhood. Once again his own actions inflamed the situation He was DUI, on parole and tried to out run the police at very high speeds. Once pulled over his two passengers obeyed the police, got out of the car and were cuffed without incident. King did not. He refused to obey the officers commands to lie down to be cuffed. He was tasered twice and still got up off the ground and would not comply with the police. That was when the video was started.

The media got a hold of it and he became a cause celeb. A convicted robber driving drunk, on a high speed chase. Give me a break.

Craig

PS> if this was my kid, he would have dreaded to come home. He'd know more punishment and guilt would await him at home. My Dad would have beat the crap out of me. I don't believe in a lot of corporal punishment for kids, I believe you can be creative and make things much worse for them.

VLozano

Post by VLozano » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:14 am

It's fair and clear. That boy was walking at night around with his ninja disguise, was misviewed as a "drugged nigger robber", and Zimmerman confronted a real life threat. Then he had to use his gun to shot the boy in the chest after receiving a punch in his face and some misterious wounds rear his head (black ninjas have some nasty tricks, you know). Zimmerman had to keep his butt in the car and wait for the police.

The USofA have TWO big problems, in my not-so-humble opinion:

1- they never cleared their racism: they just hided rear nice "I've-had-a-dream" phrases and a brown president. But black people still hate white people, and Hispanics hate and are hated by everybody.
2- that fucked love they have for carry guns... in a place where carry a gun was forbidden, the incident should be resolved with two injured idiots after a boxing session.

But hey, it's their Constitution, are their sacred rights, and are their youngs the people who are killed by themselves. Dog bless America. Or whatever.

----------------

To my shame, we had some similar case in Catalunya... some idiot decided that was fair to shoot some suspects near his home. He called the police, took his gun, went out, reached the car where the suspects were (supposedly studying the house for a future robbery) and shot them. He was declared innocent.
I blame the jury and I'm ashamed of my country mates.

Although I could declare him innocent if the suspicius guys were INTO his home or garden, I cannot enforce the use of guns for "prevent assaults" far from the place to be assaulted. I'm still thinking that idiot (not Tuly) must still into his home waiting the police (who reached the place five minutes later).

Guns and idiocy make a bad cocktail.
Tuly Idiots

Martin_US

Post by Martin_US » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:28 am

Granted, in Florida it is relatively easy to carry a gun in public.
Not so much in many other states. i.e. California.

Whilst you have the right to own a gun, carrying one in public is a different matter.

As for racism, some may disagree, but my observation has frequently been that some want to have that special 'right' to be different. If you are in America and you deal with many different cultures that insist to be 'special' because of their heritage, this raises some doubts. I am not sure I would call it racism.

To give you an example: Americans grow more and more tired of Indians in call centers. Simply because for them Englisch is considered their official administrative language, yet, it is very difficult to understand them. Often lines are bad, adding to the frustration of not being able to understand what they say.

I wouldn't call that racism. It's simply people working in the wrong profession. Subsequently adding the 'impression' to avoid such people or asking for someone who doesn't have such a strong accent. Ultimately avoiding any engagement.

The same is true with some 'black' people. They developed their 'own' language and it is difficult to know what they mean. So, they live in a bubble. This certainly goes both ways and I am not sure what the middle ground could be. It's simply that it means people avoid each other. That's not very helpful.

In the political correct world, hardly anyone would admit this, but it is simply a fact.

Craig

Post by Craig » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:33 am

Vic,

I don't have a gun. I don't hunt. But I don't believe banning guns resolves the basic issues. Especially of stupidity.

Banning guns is like banning drugs or prostitution.

Yes.. we have too many guns in the US. But the bigger underlying issue is why people feel the need for a gun. Also, most of the people killing with guns will just find another way to kill someone or themselves eventually.

People feel the need for guns because many feel the government is falling apart, is corrupt, and can't (or won't) protect the average person. That is the bigger problem that needs to be addressed. If Zimmerman's neighborhood felt safe, there would have been no need for a neighborhood watch program to start with.

Craig

bgamble

Post by bgamble » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:39 am

Craig wrote: Banning guns is like banning drugs or prostitution.
Except for the fact that Guns are BAD and Prostitution and Drugs are GOOD..

Wow all it takes is for an unarmed black child to get killed to revive Sapfans GD... for an hour or so anyway

Lets talk about Snowden Hell that might keep this pig in the air until Friday

<Serve>.....I think Snowden is a freaking Hero... <Approaches Net>

Martin_US

Post by Martin_US » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:42 am

Well Craig,

you have to admit, Americans get paranoid quite easily. Just go shopping and if you pay with a $50 bill you are already suspicious. No European would even raise an eyebrow.

I used to live in a remote area with almost no crime, yet parents were driving their kids on our dead end road up to the intersection to drop the kids off at the bus stop.

The whole background and drug testing when you go for contracting goes along those lines, because companies get suit, if they employ those people and something happens.

On one hand I can understand it, on the other, it is getting out of control.

VLozano

Post by VLozano » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:52 am

In Spain (sigh), the guns are banned. You can only have a gun if you have a document that allows you to do it. To get that document you must pass some tests. Yes, a lot of stupid people pass those tests, but carry a gun in public (except in hunting grounds) is forbidden and prosecuted.

It means usually only policemen and criminals carry guns. Usually it helps us to feel safer than to carry a gun ourselves. We still have our tax of crime, and I don't know if it's higher or lower than the USofA's one, but it's a bit safer. You can get robbed, but it's hard to have a chance to get shot.

About prostitution and drugs, I'm not sure if I want them banned. Prostitution should be like any other job: you sell your body and not your mind. Drugs (and I include tobacco and alcohol under the drugs category) are dangerous and maybe should be banned, but you will not prevent them to be sold. I think it must be easier to make them legal, and control its vending. You can see drug-sellers around, and I'm sure most of them should carry guns, but I doubt tobacco-sellers do.

And with the taxes from prostitution and drugs, Spain could leave the crysis in no time :roll:
Tuly Idiots

Rich

Post by Rich » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:55 am

And it's coming over here (Uk)

Law suites US style are starting to predominate. If there's an infinitesimal chance of a payout, some lawyer somewhere will be on the band wagon. That type of society has spoilt a lot of old England. "You can't do this because some one may get hurt|offended|annoyed". What a bunch of bollocks.

I mean (and these may be urban myths but....)
  • The woman who sued Porsche because her son stole her car and killed himself
    The woman who sued Macdonalds because her kid threw her coffee on the floor and two seconds later she slipped on it

There must be plenty more idiots around like that. And that type of mentality is now in the UK.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Regards

Rich

Abap KC:http://www.richard-harper.me.uk/Kb
SFMDR:http://www.se37.com