What were the worst IT Projects?

Discussion about non-SAP related issues: Inquiries, Personal & Commercial advertisements, etc. ( For registered users only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish, The Prince Of Darkness

Martin_US
Posts: 663
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 9:40 am
Location: Walking amidst the Stars

What were the worst IT Projects?

Post by Martin_US » Fri May 10, 2013 12:01 pm

Just kind of want to know. Doesn't have to be SAP.

I can think of ...

ELENA (german system for income tax and social security) canned
NHS (British healthcare system) canned
Gesundheitskarte (Like the british NHS) canned

VLozano
Posts: 5142
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:17 am
Location: Idiocity
Contact:

Re: What were the worst IT Projects?

Post by VLozano » Mon May 13, 2013 2:59 am

The worst IT projects were there with me in their team... just add some moronic management, aggressivelly hostile users and inoperant functional consultants and you have... o shit! any SAP implant.
Tuly Idiots
Because we know we are part of the problem

Sharpshooter
Posts: 1172
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:01 pm
Location: In the dark

Re: What were the worst IT Projects?

Post by Sharpshooter » Mon May 13, 2013 6:20 am

Dell spent $30MM on implementing SAP in 1996 before giving up. Now Dell have an SAP consulting practise!!
Good luck!

Rich
Posts: 7116
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:47 pm
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Re: What were the worst IT Projects?

Post by Rich » Mon May 13, 2013 7:16 am

VLozano wrote:The worst IT projects were there with me in their team... just add some moronic management, aggressivelly hostile users and inoperant functional consultants and you have... o shit! any SAP implant.
Now now Vic, I don't think the Borg run SAP.....

However - Eastern Bloc management, 30 Solicitors on their books, a G/L Account called "Profit from court cases" :shock: and their 'Associates' breaking in and setting light to the warehouse while we were still working..... oh - and they failed to pay the second set of invoices (hence the 30 Solicitors and the funny G/L Accounts....).
Regards

Rich

Image
Abap KC:http://www.richard-harper.me.uk/Kb
SFMDR:http://www.se37.com

VLozano
Posts: 5142
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:17 am
Location: Idiocity
Contact:

Re: What were the worst IT Projects?

Post by VLozano » Mon May 13, 2013 7:40 am

Do you mean I didn't need to have surgery to attach that ugly device to my brain? I can run SAP without it?

Maybe I had to read the difference between implanting and implementing :oops:
Tuly Idiots
Because we know we are part of the problem

blueteeth
Posts: 499
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:22 pm

Re: What were the worst IT Projects?

Post by blueteeth » Mon May 13, 2013 11:23 am

Rich wrote:
VLozano wrote:The worst IT projects were there with me in their team... just add some moronic management, aggressivelly hostile users and inoperant functional consultants and you have... o shit! any SAP implant.
Now now Vic, I don't think the Borg run SAP.....

However - Eastern Bloc management, 30 Solicitors on their books, a G/L Account called "Profit from court cases" :shock: and their 'Associates' breaking in and setting light to the warehouse while we were still working..... oh - and they failed to pay the second set of invoices (hence the 30 Solicitors and the funny G/L Accounts....).
Bravo Herr Rich!! I proudly present you a biro pen for bringing in Borgs & Lizards in one post. I hope our Japanese friends on SAPFANS take note and consider making a blockbuster movie.

BT

bgamble
Posts: 4174
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:24 pm
Location: Prague CZ
Contact:

Re: What were the worst IT Projects?

Post by bgamble » Mon May 13, 2013 11:34 am

Every Project I do is worst than the one before. I am 53 now and I look arround and there is no one within 10 years of me. I think I know why. I get more angry with each passing day. STOP ASKING ME SO MANY GOD DAMN QUESTIONS
In my opinion, Pepper Spray is underutilized as an effective tool for scope control

blueteeth
Posts: 499
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:22 pm

Re: What were the worst IT Projects?

Post by blueteeth » Mon May 13, 2013 11:46 am

bgamble wrote:Every Project I do is worst than the one before. I am 53 now and I look arround and there is no one within 10 years of me. I think I know why. I get more angry with each passing day. STOP ASKING ME SO MANY GOD DAMN QUESTIONS
Darn! I must rapidly edit my reply to your other post on meeting Sandi in Prague!

BT

Rich
Posts: 7116
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:47 pm
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Re: What were the worst IT Projects?

Post by Rich » Tue May 14, 2013 9:18 am

blueteeth wrote:
Rich wrote:
VLozano wrote:The worst IT projects were there with me in their team... just add some moronic management, aggressivelly hostile users and inoperant functional consultants and you have... o shit! any SAP implant.
Now now Vic, I don't think the Borg run SAP.....

However - Eastern Bloc management, 30 Solicitors on their books, a G/L Account called "Profit from court cases" :shock: and their 'Associates' breaking in and setting light to the warehouse while we were still working..... oh - and they failed to pay the second set of invoices (hence the 30 Solicitors and the funny G/L Accounts....).
Bravo Herr Rich!! I proudly present you a biro pen for bringing in Borgs & Lizards in one post. I hope our Japanese friends on SAPFANS take note and consider making a blockbuster movie.

BT
Lizards ???
Regards

Rich

Image
Abap KC:http://www.richard-harper.me.uk/Kb
SFMDR:http://www.se37.com

asterhuj
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:42 am

Re: What were the worst IT Projects?

Post by asterhuj » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:06 am

It is good and IT project is best.

Rich
Posts: 7116
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:47 pm
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Re: What were the worst IT Projects?

Post by Rich » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:11 am

asterhuj wrote:It is good and IT project is best.
Oh oh.... I think you should learn the nuances of English (possibly from Vic) before you post anything else, or are you a Bot ?
Regards

Rich

Image
Abap KC:http://www.richard-harper.me.uk/Kb
SFMDR:http://www.se37.com

VLozano
Posts: 5142
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:17 am
Location: Idiocity
Contact:

Re: What were the worst IT Projects?

Post by VLozano » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:38 am

Grandpa, I never (mis)used your language that way...
Tuly Idiots
Because we know we are part of the problem

Rich
Posts: 7116
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:47 pm
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Re: What were the worst IT Projects?

Post by Rich » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:18 am

VLozano wrote:Grandpa, I never (mis)used your language that way...
I'm not saying you did. I'm just saying that you are a good role model for learning the English language. The fact that you mangle it occasionally is neither here nor there.
Regards

Rich

Image
Abap KC:http://www.richard-harper.me.uk/Kb
SFMDR:http://www.se37.com

VLozano
Posts: 5142
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:17 am
Location: Idiocity
Contact:

Re: What were the worst IT Projects?

Post by VLozano » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:21 am

I spend one hour every Wednesday talking in English... I wish I will be able to have a conversation in less than three years :)
Tuly Idiots
Because we know we are part of the problem

monty carlo
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 11:56 am
Location: Europe

Re: What were the worst IT Projects?

Post by monty carlo » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:27 am

But only on a Wednesday

Post Reply