Which is the best consultancy you have worked with?

Discussion about non-SAP related issues: Inquiries, Personal & Commercial advertisements, etc. ( For registered users only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish, The Prince Of Darkness

Martin_US

Which is the best consultancy you have worked with?

Post by Martin_US » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:13 am

Hi,

obviously, I don't want to ask for the worst company :D

So, with whom have you really been happy? I know it always depends on the people on board, but I thought I ask anyway.

VLozano

Re: Which is the best consultancy you have worked with?

Post by VLozano » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:20 am

Usually I have been happy in all the consultancies I've worked with. I've been a very lucky guy, when I started to feel unhappy in a company I found another work in less than a fortnight. I didn't used to ask about cash or the kind of work when I was interviewed, just about timetables and people working there.

I will never have a Noble, but I've been happy (or at least not unhappy) in every place I worked :lol:
Tuly Idiots
Because we know we are part of the problem

Martin_US

Post by Martin_US » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:27 am

*g*

Yeah, but you are a byte pusher. As the functional weenie, I have more client contact.
That goes a lot into organizatioinal matters of a project and - oh boy - that can cost you many years of your life.

VLozano

Post by VLozano » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:00 am

Don't judge a book by its covers (although they can seem as attractive as mine). I've been more than a "byte pusher" in the past. I didn't liked it, and I stepped "back" to byte pushing. Been a "simple" programmer saves myself to have frequent contact with users. Less cash if you are not a harper, but less stress, and I hate stress much more than I like cash.
Tuly Idiots

Baz

Post by Baz » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:29 am

i am working with Capgemini at the moment and love it!

but i also had a great time and worked on some great projects with great people at Axon.
Baz

AsPiRiNg tUlY iDiOt Image

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

check out my Podcasts http://dj-baz.podomatic.com

Martin_US

Post by Martin_US » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:43 am

VLozano wrote:Don't judge a book by its covers (although they can seem as attractive as mine). I've been more than a "byte pusher" in the past. I didn't liked it, and I stepped "back" to byte pushing. Been a "simple" programmer saves myself to have frequent contact with users. Less cash if you are not a harper, but less stress, and I hate stress much more than I like cash.
Trust me, I envy that a lot and there was no disrespect at all. I often wonder why people don't just buy a bigger machine, if their current system does everything they want. Instead, they buy SAP and "convert" it to their old system :D

VLozano

Post by VLozano » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:07 am

I agree. But those (non-tuly) idiocy pays my bills. I can understand a good self-made system will fit better your needs (maybe not better, but more comfortably). I can understand SAP should be more "safe". Just teach your workers to work with SAP as it was designed, and don't mess it.

BUT... as I said, messing SAP pays my bills :P

And in my current place now I'm able to work from time to time with VB, that makes me happier (SAP lacks that creativity the parchment oriented programming provides you).
Tuly Idiots

Martin_US

Post by Martin_US » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:17 am

VLozano wrote:And in my current place now I'm able to work from time to time with VB, ....
I have been on a SNP project a while back. SAP didn't have any good reporting tools at the time to validate the routes and stuff, thus we created a bunch of VB code, dumped the results into an Access Database and the client was happy as a clamp.

Part of the reason using VB was really because of lack of ABAP resources. We only wanted information, no updates or changes through VB.

Especially with Business Objects you can do so many nice things. It's a pitty that few people look into that as an alternative. You can get a lot done in a short time. Ultimately they export everything into Excel anyway :D

Rich

Post by Rich » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:57 am

VLozano wrote:if you are not a harper
Ok Senor. What have I done now ?
Regards

Rich

Abap KC:http://www.richard-harper.me.uk/Kb
SFMDR:http://www.se37.com

VLozano

Post by VLozano » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:40 am

First of all, you've called me "Senor". I must understand you were trying to type "Señor", that's the Spanish form of "Mister". I'm not a Mister... My father was. My grandfather was. I decided to not be neve a Mister. I'm Vic.

But I was pointing you were able to continue working "like a" programmer, while earning enough cash to think to buy a Noble car. I had to reduce my income to continue been a programmer... some lucky guys didn't. I assume because they are pretty good at one of programming or smoke-selling. And for my experience with you, I apply the first case to you, grandpa.

Anyways, nice to see you alive. You had your contemporary dinosaur_us worried ;)
Tuly Idiots

blueteeth

Post by blueteeth » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:02 pm

Disclaimer: Long time ago, I've already disclosed my senility as per SEC, ILO, WHO, UNESCO, the Glorious Leader of North Korea and other assorted alphabet soups.

The way things are going here, why don't you admit and join me?

Look at the bright side, you get to get adult nappies. FREE!!

BT

Martin_US

Post by Martin_US » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:23 pm

blueteeth wrote:...you get to get adult nappies. FREE!!
I am all for nappies, but I live at the wrong coast. How about remote nappies? Are those acceptable?
But wait, I only sleep 4 hours and never on the job. Dang!

blueteeth

Post by blueteeth » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:08 am

Martin_US wrote:
blueteeth wrote:...you get to get adult nappies. FREE!!
I am all for nappies, but I live at the wrong coast. How about remote nappies? Are those acceptable?
But wait, I only sleep 4 hours and never on the job. Dang!
Erm, I hate to bring this up..the nose is local. But don't worry, these are normal symptoms.

On a related note, I was reading on Auntie Beeb, there is this 93 old lady model who gives Gisele Bundchen run for her money.

BT

Martin_US

Post by Martin_US » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:19 am

Ever since I worked in San Diego screw Gisele. That's like very dangerous for any guys.

But ... I am well behaved. Looking is okay and I am divorced.

Plus of course, from a professional perspective everything is off limits.
My social affairs never get in conflict with my professional life.

Seany

Post by Seany » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:47 pm

I too have positive experience with Axon. I didn't work for them but alongside during a major food co project across Europe. good guys who knew their stuff and boy could they drink. In the US everyone was in bed by 9:00, better for the early morning focus but not so much fun :D
Sean

I wish you good courage because courage will lead you to be a star and afraid will lead you to death. Be well and patient.