This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Which SAP Module is good?

Discussion about non-SAP related issues: Inquiries, Personal & Commercial advertisements, etc. ( For registered users only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish, The Prince Of Darkness

Which SAP Module is good?

Postby vignesh7567 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:27 am

Hello All,

I am a B.SC computer science grad with 3+ years exp. in SAP IDOC monitoring. Now I got an opportunity to choose either functional or technical side in my current company. If it is functional I can go for SD, MM or PM. If it is technical I can go for ABAP. I have Java/J2EE development exp. prior to SAP exp. I know all the SAP modules are good. But based on my educational qualification and experience, can anyone suggest me which one is good to choose?

I came to know from my colleagues, either it is functional or technical, "Certification" is very important to survive and earn some good salary in SAP. Is it true?

Whether it is true, only the functional consultants can earn more than technical?

Regards,
Vignesh
Last edited by vignesh7567 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
vignesh7567

Re: Which SAP Module is good?

Postby Rich » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:15 am

What do you enjoy more ? Solving technical issues and creativity or listening to boring business processes, constant meetings, and dealing with end users who don't know what they really want ?

No one can really advise you since it will be their own personal preferences coming to the fore and what is their personal preference may not be yours.
Regards

Rich

Abap KC:http://www.richard-harper.me.uk/Kb
SFMDR:http://www.se37.com
Rich

Postby VLozano » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:51 am

Amen.

And if you are going for the cash only, just check your local market.
Tuly Idiots
Because we know we are part of the problem
VLozano

Postby Rich » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:53 am

VLozano wrote:Amen.

And if you're going for the cash only don't bother.
Regards

Rich

Abap KC:http://www.richard-harper.me.uk/Kb
SFMDR:http://www.se37.com
Rich

Postby VLozano » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:19 am

Rich wrote:
VLozano wrote:Amen.

And if you're going for the cash only don't bother.

And if you're going for the cash only, go for Spanish politic career (Catalan too, sadly).
Tuly Idiots
VLozano

Postby Craig » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:37 am

Rich wrote:What do you enjoy more ? Solving technical issues and creativity or listening to boring business processes, constant meetings, and dealing with end users who don't know what they really want ?

No one can really advise you since it will be their own personal preferences coming to the fore and what is their personal preference may not be yours.

And I would say:

What do you enjoy more? Creatively solving a business user's issues by creatively desigining solutions that resolve their issue with a minimal amount development or coding all day according to a functional design that is probably so poorly written by the functional consultant that you have no hope of pleasing anyone.

Craig
Craig

Postby blueteeth » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:56 pm

What do you enjoy more? Creatively solving a business user's issues by creatively desigining solutions that resolve their issue with a minimal amount development or coding all day according to a functional design that is probably so poorly written by the functional consultant that you have no hope of pleasing anyone.

While you are accomplishing above, the aggregate result would be bleeding edge convergence leading to dynamic solutions which meet holistic needs of empowered individuals. Organizations can leverage your skillsets to achieve frictionless integration of technology, talent and innovation. One must seize opportunities which are impactful to personal and professional well being.

I will now get my hat.

BT
blueteeth

Postby VLozano » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:28 am

blueteeth wrote:

While you are accomplishing above, the aggregate result would be bleeding edge convergence leading to dynamic solutions which meet holistic needs of empowered individuals. Organizations can leverage your skillsets to achieve frictionless integration of technology, talent and innovation. One must seize opportunities which are impactful to personal and professional well being.

I will now get my hat.

BT

Get mine, because I put it out off me after read your answer. Bravo!
Tuly Idiots
VLozano

Postby bgamble » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:01 am

I just checked. All openings have been filled. Leave your contact information with the lady by the door on your way out. Don't call us, we will call you. Good luck and careful on your way out those steps can be slippery
In my opinion, Pepper Spray is underutilized as an effective tool for scope control
bgamble

Return to General Talks