This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Jellybean...

Discussion about non-SAP related issues: Inquiries, Personal & Commercial advertisements, etc. ( For registered users only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish, The Prince Of Darkness

Jellybean...

Postby DrSidewalk » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:08 am

My kids all have Samsung Galaxy Note Tabs. This weekend gone I tried to update their OS to the newly released Jellybean, which was released on Jan 3rd and is supposed to be available for this device. No chance though, the update function was having none of it, and I could not even get into to look at the android apps to download either. I assume this is because the world and their friends are all tryinig to do the same thing, much like the problem encountered when the new IOS was released for the iPhone, or when the new Mountain lion IOS was released for Mac. It took weeks before I could get these updated. Has anyone had the same issue with the Jellybean update, or is it just me?.

Dr Sidewalk
DrSidewalk

Re: Jellybean...

Postby VLozano » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:03 am

Only the "Nexus" devices get (as far as I know) OS updates on time. You must wait until your device brand company decides to cook its own OS version for your device. It's a bad idea IMO, but it's how the world works.

I cannot have my cell phone OS in Catalan just because my device brand decided to fuck me and removed the Catalan language from their devices.
Tuly Idiots
Because we know we are part of the problem
VLozano

Postby rangachary » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:15 am

Dr Sidewalk

Jellybean is not yet available for Samsung Galaxy Note phones or tabs - It has only been rolled out for the S3 so far.

I have a Google Nexus 7 Tab, and it updated fine and fast to Jellybean 4.2 as soon as it was available.
rangachary

Postby mike_ac » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:09 pm

My Asus transformer had it pretty early, also. Asus is usually pretty quick, and their current relationship with Google helps make sure they're at the forefront.

You could of course root your Galaxy and put a generic jelly bean on there, but you can run into compatibility issues if you don't know what you are doing.

I wouldn't look for updates via Play store or any app. I'd stick to the system settings -> about tablet -> system updates route. Either that, or root it.
"If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk?" –Albert Einstein, when confronted by a neat freak about the disarray in his work space
mike_ac

Return to General Talks