This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Is this site on its way out

Discussion about non-SAP related issues: Inquiries, Personal & Commercial advertisements, etc. ( For registered users only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish, The Prince Of Darkness

Is this site on its way out

Postby BGE_George » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:58 am

Hello my fellow Sapiens

Over the past few months I have noticed a trend of diminishing returns in terms of queries answered on this site. Are we losing out to the SDNs ( or is SCN now ? ) on the www? Most of my queries have been unanswered and this was definitely not the case when I started off my SAP career almost 8 years ago when I used to be SAP Fans regular and could always depend on help from fellow SAPIENS. I hold myself partially responsible in this decline as I don't seem to be using this site so much as I used to before.

Any comments?
Still learning...... Will it ever stop ?
SAP Njoi !!
BGE_George

Re: Is this site on its way out

Postby Rich » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:23 am

It's definately getting quieter. There are other threads concerning this subject out there as well.
Regards

Rich

Abap KC:http://www.richard-harper.me.uk/Kb
SFMDR:http://www.se37.com
Rich

Postby sapsepo » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:55 am

SDN is getting quieter as well, after the new facebook-like dumbed down design.
sapsepo

Postby Baz » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:06 am

maybe everyone is getting smarter? (i count myself out of that statement though....)
Baz

AsPiRiNg tUlY iDiOt Image

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

check out my Podcasts http://dj-baz.podomatic.com
Baz

Postby Sharpshooter » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:15 am

I theorize that too much effort is expended feeding the "Can you count" thread at the expense of the rest of the forums!
Good luck!
Sharpshooter

Postby Seany » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:14 am

perhaps the excellent new site http://www.sapuniversity.eu will prove to be the final nail in the coffin
Sean

I wish you good courage because courage will lead you to be a star and afraid will lead you to death. Be well and patient.

Postby rangachary » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:10 am

Seany wrote:perhaps the excellent new site http://www.sapuniversity.eu will prove to be the final nail in the coffin

That is correct.
sdn.sap.com gives me lots of ponits for contributing to the same and doing the needful.
sapuniversity.eu pays me 6 whole USD for "writting a quality article in proper English".

This site gives me bugger all, so I am not going to feed this site anymore. I contributed a couple of posts to the Can You Count Thread and that did not net me a single penny.
rangachary

Postby blueteeth » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:22 am

All this talk about large sums of money confuses me.

/me grumbles and goes back to his database knitting

BT
blueteeth

Postby NEWSAP2112 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:30 pm

I was just posting a similar question when I noticed this thread. I've been coming here since 1996 when I was a superuser asking lots of dumb nube questions. 17 years lated I'm a Sr consultant w a major firm and 12 years consulting experience. Still have questions. They're just less dumb.

I posted the simplest question on the FI page; "What's the highest number of asset classes have you seen at a client?" - No replies.

I'm going to do a flat-line test on this site, the result of which will be intuitively meaningful to anyone who's been here for a couple of years...

Regards,
NEWSAP2112

(result to follow)
NEWSAP2112

Postby VLozano » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:31 am

There is a train who needs a toilet revision somewhere... but PoD seems missing.

(to use a train to de-rail a thread... the new SAP experience...)
Tuly Idiots
Because we know we are part of the problem
VLozano

Postby YuriT » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:01 am

Everything has it's dawn, peak, and dusk - don't make too big a deal of it.
People who are still coming are, obviously, still enjoying it.
YuriT

Postby Seany » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:09 am

I think it's just habit. Every day I call in here to see what's new (not a lot) then go over to FB to read BG and PoD's latest ramblings then over to the BBC to see what's happening in the 'real' world. After that I have to go back to work.

BTW. While this site slowly expires where are all the numpties going these days to post their stupid questions?
Sean

I wish you good courage because courage will lead you to be a star and afraid will lead you to death. Be well and patient.

Postby rangachary » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:14 am

Seany wrote:BTW. While this site slowly expires where are all the numpties going these days to post their stupid questions?

SCN of course. There are numpties who give stupid answers and get points for it too.
rangachary

Postby thx4allthefish » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:40 am

Oh wowza! A whole sapuniverse dedicated to CRM! And their pages are called "pagina" :?

I no longer look at SCN, that FB like look is un-searchable.

OTOH, this site has been on its way out for about 4 years - but look! We're still here, discussing its way out ... :P
curiousorange wrote:I give up. Humanity isn't worth saving. Why is there never a Vogon Constructor Fleet around when you really need one?
thx4allthefish

Postby sapcrmbelgium » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:54 am

hey all
glad you guys are referring to my site.

For now you are right that the site is more dedicated to SAP CRM ; SAP Authorizations and SAP ABAP.
But that is because of the fact that the people actively contributing are currently mainly specialized in these modules.

We are looking for contributors in ALL sap modules, such as all SAP ECC modules (SD/FICO/HCM/...) , MDM; SOLMAN; PI; BI/BW...
as you indicated we are paying contributors between 1 and 6 USD depending on the length and the quality of the article. It should indeed be written in 'proper' english - not perfect perhaps, but at least readible by all readers..

The reason why I created the site is as you guys are indicating that other sites like sapfans and SCN/SDN used to be ok, but have lost a lot of their use and power. People are no longer motivated to share their knowledge for some stupid forum points, but would like to be rewarded by:
- getting acknowledgement in the SAP market (you have this as you get your own author profile on my site)
- your articles being read by all our readers ( by the people that are either on my email list or those that end up at my site using google/bing/yahoo search on SAP related keyword terms/phrases)
- at least really getting paid for your efforts
about the remarks of my dear friend thx4allthefish who I have been in contact with a couple of years ago on this forum --you are right..some minor translation problems that do exist on the site...due to word-press plugins being used (the site is based on a Dutch build word-press platform where not everything seems to be translated into English -for which my apologies..but I assume people can oversee this minor issue as long as the content and knowledge sharing is ok I guess :-)

cheers
davy pelssers
sapcrmbelgium

Next

Return to General Talks