This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

What type of mobile phone should I get?

Discussion about non-SAP related issues: Inquiries, Personal & Commercial advertisements, etc. ( For registered users only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish, The Prince Of Darkness

What type of mobile phone should I get?

Postby abap_doctor » Thu May 24, 2012 7:43 am

OK, chaps, might as well get my money's worth now I'm sort of back...

My, less than a year old, HTC Sensation is a big pile of poo... Vodafone :mrgreen:

It went through a stage of randomly turning itself off every few minutes... Which is BLOODY annoying... :evil:

It suddenly gets hot and the battery discharges 30%, and now it refuses to make any phone calls... :shock:

So whats the bleedin' use of a big door-stop you have to carry around...?

OK, so it's a pretty good camera... So what have I got that expensive Canon-bridge for???!!! :?

So I'm going back to the shop on saturday to argue myself a new one...! :D

I DON'T want an i-phone, so please don't recommend one, but what is a good smart-phone to get these days?

I'm not averse to switching from HTC, BTW...

Any ideas? :?:
The Doc
Tuly Idiot Magna Grand Docot Image
abap_doctor

Re: What type of mobile phone should I get?

Postby YuriT » Thu May 24, 2012 7:59 am

Samsung Galaxy S2. Best value for money I can think of. Good screen, great camera, official Ice Cream Sandwich update. It has been around enough to not be overpriced anymore, but still not enough to start lagging behind. It was best selling smartphone of 2011 for a reason.
YuriT

Postby Sharpshooter » Thu May 24, 2012 8:29 am

Issued a Blackberry Torch by my employer. Most unintuitive UI I have ever experienced. Problems daily that can only be fixed by removing the battery and waiting for the 5 minute re-boot.
My friends with various HTC phones have had pretty good luck and like them, but none are the Sensation model - mostly Incredibles.
Good luck!
Sharpshooter

Postby Baz » Thu May 24, 2012 9:42 am

abap_doctor wrote:
I DON'T want an i-phone, so please don't recommend one, but what is a good smart-phone to get these days?

good! i have an iPhone and it sucks worse than a crack whore in need of a fix!! shite! pile of shite! utter total pile of shite! glad i did not pay for it!

i'd have a butchers at the new Sony Xperia... but i use http://www.gsmarena.com for a fairly decent review.... they do not have apple tinted glasses like other "impartial" review sites!
Baz

AsPiRiNg tUlY iDiOt Image

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

check out my Podcasts http://dj-baz.podomatic.com
Baz

Postby rangachary » Thu May 24, 2012 10:16 am

YuriT wrote:Samsung Galaxy S2. Best value for money I can think of. Good screen, great camera, official Ice Cream Sandwich update. It has been around enough to not be overpriced anymore, but still not enough to start lagging behind. It was best selling smartphone of 2011 for a reason.

Samsung Galaxy SII. Better battery life than the HTC Sensation, however, randomly switches itself off almost every other day.
ICS update is good on it. All I can say is it is better than the iphone 3g in most respects.

I liked my HTC Desire HD much better. This may be a step backwards, but was a damned good phone. except for its battery life.
But if you want battery life, you should go for the Nokia 6300.
rangachary

Postby VLozano » Fri May 25, 2012 12:45 am

I have myself a small Wildfire S. I updated its Android to 2.3.5 and I'm planning to root it soon through htcdev. Zero problems in half a year, decent battery if you waste it playing (as I do) or abusing of non-phone connections (as I do). Superb battery if you only use it as a phone (as I did).

But I hear the self-esteem complexed owners of coupées like the Audi A5 must own an iPhone too...
Tuly Idiots
Because we know we are part of the problem
VLozano

Postby Rich » Wed May 30, 2012 1:36 am

Blackberry Bold.

Good Phone, easy interface, does everything you need business wise and it has a camera... (although what you need a camera on a phone for I don't know.... maybe I'm a dinosaur).
Regards

Rich

Abap KC:http://www.richard-harper.me.uk/Kb
SFMDR:http://www.se37.com
Rich

Postby Count » Wed May 30, 2012 2:19 am

-------------------------------------------

Count
cognosce te ipsum, corripe cervisiam ;)

Dictator-for-life-of-the-Tuly-Idiot-Order
http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=287109
-------------------------------------------
Count

Postby VLozano » Wed May 30, 2012 2:49 am

Rich wrote:Blackberry Bold.

Good Phone, easy interface, does everything you need business wise and it has a camera... (although what you need a camera on a phone for I don't know.... maybe I'm a dinosaur).

A dinosaur is an extincted animal... you are only a third age guy.
Tuly Idiots
Because we know we are part of the problem
VLozano

Postby thx4allthefish » Wed May 30, 2012 3:31 am

Rich wrote:... (although what you need a camera on a phone for I don't know.... maybe I'm a dinosaur).

To transfer all the content you have been painting on flip-charts to a file. Honestly! It's what I use mine for.

I'm not gonna comment on that dinosaur remark, seeing that you are an OLD friend :P
curiousorange wrote:I give up. Humanity isn't worth saving. Why is there never a Vogon Constructor Fleet around when you really need one?
thx4allthefish

Postby bgamble » Wed May 30, 2012 4:44 am

I have a Samsung Ace LeFluer which is a completely gay phone marketed for teenage girls. So I of course love it

It is completly full of pictures of skinny Slavic girls in variaous stages of undress and outrage

In my opinion, Pepper Spray is underutilized as an effective tool for scope control
bgamble

Postby abap_doctor » Wed May 30, 2012 4:49 am

HTC Sensation seems to be behaving itself at the moment... When it's working I'd say it's one of the best phones. Except for battery life which is terrible!!! :(

I also had a Wildfire too, Vic, and it was great! In fact I've still got it and brought it with me as a backup for the desire...

Went into Vodafone shop on Saturday and they recommended Samsung Galaxy S III when they get some in!) or the HTC one...

May go for the Samsung if HTC plays up in the next few weeks...

Audi links via bluetooth and turns the car into a phone! Works well, but searching through directory is a nightmare! Especially on the M5 at 98mph!!! :shock:
The Doc
abap_doctor

Postby abap_doctor » Wed May 30, 2012 5:13 am

bgamble wrote:I have a Samsung Ace LeFluer which is a completely gay phone marketed for teenage girls. So I of course love it

It is completly full of pictures of skinny Slavic girls in variaous stages of undress and outrage

Hey, love the phone! :lol:

Was it the last one in the shop? Or is there some deeper meaning??? :?

Send micro-sd card to me immediately!!!! 8)
The Doc
abap_doctor

Postby bgamble » Thu May 31, 2012 7:55 am

when I went to the shop, "the white one" was on sale. So I took it. Did not know about the flowers. Had to buy a pink cover so it would not look so gay
In my opinion, Pepper Spray is underutilized as an effective tool for scope control
bgamble

Postby Swapnil007 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:33 pm

Yes I will suggest you to purchase a Samsung Smart Phone Whether it be Galaxy SII or any other they are really worth for spending money on. 8)
Swapnil007

Next

Return to General Talks