On the chopping block at Axon

Discussion about non-SAP related issues: Inquiries, Personal & Commercial advertisements, etc. ( For registered users only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish, The Prince Of Darkness

BobbyBee

On the chopping block at Axon

Post by BobbyBee » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:42 am

HCL Axon UK are putting people on the chopping block. Big redundancies are coming. Just heard I'm on the out and it's not just me. Been told to keep it quiet so naturally, I'm going to an online board and venting. Naturally.

Craig

Re: On the chopping block at Axon

Post by Craig » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:34 am

Gossip -- The GD likes gossip!

Craig

Craig

Post by Craig » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:43 am

I guess the recession finally got to them. They held off from layoffs as long as possible I assume. Since after all they are an employee first business. :P

From the HCL Axon website ---

Vineet Nayar is Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCL Technologies, Ltd. (HCLT), the India-based global information technology services company, and author of the book Employees First, Customers Second: Turning Conventional Management Upside Down (Harvard Business Press, June 2010).

In 2009, HCLT was named Best Employer in India by Hewitt Associates, and BusinessWeek listed HCLT as one of the five most influential up-and-coming companies in the world. Fortune magazine has characterized HCL under Vineet’s leadership as having “the world’s most modern management,” and IDC recognized him as having “the most cohesive and articulate vision” in the IT services sector.

blueteeth

Post by blueteeth » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:01 am

Must be negative entropy :)

Anyways, I happen to work jointly with couple of Axom SAP consultants way back in 2005. They were very good.

Cheers
BT

BobbyBee

Post by BobbyBee » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:06 am

I've already said too much. Moment of spite got the better of me boys. All I'd say is, it doesn't look like many are safe.

Craig

Post by Craig » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:10 am

You can always delete your postings if you feel the need.

Craig

BobbyBee

Post by BobbyBee » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:17 am

Craig wrote:You can always delete your postings if you feel the need.

Craig
Nah. In retrospect, I've said just enough :twisted:

I've had fairly good experiences at Axon, been there since before they were acquired by HCL and things were still fairly good all around. Though being slapped with a redundancy after a long stretch there just sums up your worth to the talking heads up top.

With the big 4, it's best not to forget their turnover rate. If you're at Axon, I'd be on my toes. You're right, it's a recession and something's had to give. Contract market's not so good out there either from what I hear.

Onto drown my sorrows with a Friday pint and then will be throwing myself at the piranha's on Monday morn (recruitment agencies). Any good ones I should go for?

Craig

Post by Craig » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:58 pm

I'm not familiar with the UK ones.

This older thread might help.

http://sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=326165&p

Craig

sapsepo

Post by sapsepo » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:23 am

As I remember HCL UK was hiring people last summer.
Anything changed?

rangachary

Post by rangachary » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:57 am

I checked with a couple guys I know who work for Axon - seems to be business as usual - no talk about jettisoning people. All guys I talked to were HCM guys - perhaps the situation applies to other modules? I happen to know several projects are currently going on.

ppguru

Post by ppguru » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:38 am

I also talked to some axon guy and they are telling that currently this is the best period for axon and no one heard about any layoff etc...

Baz

Post by Baz » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:40 am

i guess it depends on which part of the business you work for in Axon.

i left last May after over 4 years there and I have been approached by 6 people so far asking for opportunities with my current employer!

BobbyBee, depending on your area, we are looking at taking on new people! drop me a PM and i can see if there is anything that fits for you.

cheers

Baz
Baz

AsPiRiNg tUlY iDiOt Image

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

check out my Podcasts http://dj-baz.podomatic.com

DrSidewalk

Post by DrSidewalk » Thu May 03, 2012 9:58 am

Maybe I can get served at Costa (Egham) much easier now then. ;)

Nah, just kidding. Sorry to hear about possible lay-offs. That's not good in anyone's books.

Some of the smaller consultancies are holding their head above the water, so you might want to try some of those.

Dr Sidewalk

iceblast

Post by iceblast » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:57 am

Craig wrote:I guess the recession finally got to them. They held off from layoffs as long as possible I assume. Since after all they are an employee first business. :P

Vineet Nayar is Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCL Technologies, Ltd. (HCLT), the India-based global information technology services company, and author of the book Employees First, Customers Second: Turning Conventional Management Upside Down (Harvard Business Press, June 2010).

In 2009, HCLT was named Best Employer in India by Hewitt Associates, and BusinessWeek listed HCLT as one of the five most influential up-and-coming companies in the world. Fortune magazine has characterized HCL under Vineet’s leadership as having “the world’s most modern management,” and IDC recognized him as having “the most cohesive and articulate vision” in the IT services sector.

In ~Dec 2008 - “We have not and will not lay off no matter how bad it gets, even if recessionary trends get worse,” said Vineet Nayar, CEO, HCL Technologies.

a statement made by the HCL CEO. turned out to be not true in 2011. A good number of key guys have either left or been told to leave by Axon..
Axon used to be good, quite sad to see them going down and shrinking from the market.

rangachary

Post by rangachary » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:10 pm

iceblast wrote:
Craig wrote:I guess the recession finally got to them. They held off from layoffs as long as possible I assume. Since after all they are an employee first business. :P

In ~Dec 2008 - “We have not and will not lay off no matter how bad it gets, even if recessionary trends get worse,” said Vineet Nayar, CEO, HCL Technologies.

a statement made by the HCL CEO. turned out to be not true in 2011. A good number of key guys have either left or been told to leave by Axon..
Axon used to be good, quite sad to see them going down and shrinking from the market.
Seriuosly, I have no idea where all this is coming from. |Certainly Axon is not awash with projects, but I just do not hear the same views from people actually working in Axon, and I am in touch with diverse people in HCM, FI, SCM, MM etc,