Install SAP on Windows

Discussion about non-SAP related issues: Inquiries, Personal & Commercial advertisements, etc. ( For registered users only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish, The Prince Of Darkness

klsreddy

Install SAP on Windows

Post by klsreddy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:27 pm

Hi

Can any one guide me to resources or steps on how can I install SAP on a Windows machine. Is this possible? I already have all versions of MS Sql Server. I am new and will be joining a SAP training soon. Before I start my course I wanted to setup SAP locally so I can practice at home. I am from mechanical engineering background and will be joining a MM module training. Please let me know the following:

1. Software needed to install SAP Material Management.
2. Minimum Hardware needed.
3. Steps to configure the software.

Thanks for your help.

Shweta

Count

Re: Install SAP on Windows

Post by Count » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:42 pm

Ok here goes, let me help you before all the false-prophets in this forum jump in and confuse you.

1. Software needed to install SAP Material Management.: this is kind of tricky, but I have recently noticed a nice video on youtube explaining this step-by-step ,... you may want to google it.

2. Minimum Hardware needed.
the bare minimum is a lawnmower. anything over and above that is always a bonus.

3. Steps to configure the software.: well this is actually a breed between salsa & ballet...

If you are stuck in any of the above steps feel free to post specific questions here and i will help you out. Also award points for the help received.
Last but not the least: (you must answer this or you wont get help from bgamble): are you beautiful? can you sing the song 'its an itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini' ?? sya yes to both of these and you will have people falling all over the place trying to set you up.
-------------------------------------------

Count
cognosce te ipsum, corripe cervisiam ;)

Dictator-for-life-of-the-Tuly-Idiot-Order
viewtopic.php?t=287109

Rich

Post by Rich » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:41 am

Da Count wrote:can you sing the song 'its an itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini
Don't you mean "Do you wear....."
Regards

Rich

Abap KC:http://www.richard-harper.me.uk/Kb
SFMDR:http://www.se37.com

mike_ac

Post by mike_ac » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:40 am

Count wrote: (you must answer this or you wont get help from bgamble)
Nonsense. You just need to state that you have a hole to fill on your project, and he'll be right over in full leathers.
"If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk?" –Albert Einstein, when confronted by a neat freak about the disarray in his work space

The Prince Of Darkness
Location: Either on a train or in a pub (if neither, arguing with an Eastern Block work colleague)

Post by The Prince Of Darkness » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:39 am

mike_ac wrote:
Nonsense. You just need to state that you have a hole to fill on your project, and he'll be right over in full leathers.
More nonsense! He will say he'll be right over but just not turn up. History is factual.
Former SAP PM, looking to move in Lawn Mower business

Count

Post by Count » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:37 pm

Rich wrote:
Da Count wrote:can you sing the song 'its an itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini
Don't you mean "Do you wear....."
I always thought that everybody who knows http://www.sapfans.com will intrinsically be smart enuff to read between the lines mate :wink:
any way I guess I owe you one for making the obvious, obvious :mrgreen:
cheers

Count
cognosce te ipsum, corripe cervisiam ;)

Dictator-for-life-of-the-Tuly-Idiot-Order
viewtopic.php?t=287109

thx4allthefish

Post by thx4allthefish » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:31 am

The Prince Of Darkness wrote:
mike_ac wrote:
More nonsense! He will say he'll be right over but just not turn up. History is factual.
Even bigger nonsense. He will turn up. But in Montreal.
curiousorange wrote: I give up. Humanity isn't worth saving. Why is there never a Vogon Constructor Fleet around when you really need one?