Things that make you want to stab someone

Discussion about non-SAP related issues: Inquiries, Personal & Commercial advertisements, etc. ( For registered users only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish, The Prince Of Darkness

sapsepo

Re: Things that make you want to stab someone

Post by sapsepo » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:29 am

Companies that go bankrupt or disappear when they need to pay your invoices.

Politicians (all of them).

Craig

Post by Craig » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:05 am

Hotel maids that insist on leaving the tub drain down so every morning I have to bend down and open the darn thing. I only have so many bends left in this body and this is a huge waste. Can't she wait until I check out to plug the thing?

Craig

bgamble

Post by bgamble » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:19 am

Careful, stab a maid, and I'm pretty sure that they will reduce your status and you will lose some Marriott points. That was my experience anyway
In my opinion, Pepper Spray is underutilized as an effective tool for scope control

rangachary

Post by rangachary » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:59 am

Baz wrote:narrow minded functional consultants. not in the blueprint! not their problem! not my problem either but if the business is unable to actually function, it's everyone's f*&^ing problem when the project fails and we don't get paid!
Actually Baz, I have occasionally found the same behaviour in narrow minded Abap Consultants as well - " Not in the Functional Spec, so not my problem, old boy, go raise a change request"

YuriT

Post by YuriT » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:20 am

Room service that arrives at 8:00am when you are all sleepy, pantheists and brushing teeth.

Baz

Post by Baz » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:01 am

rangachary wrote:
Baz wrote:narrow minded functional consultants. not in the blueprint! not their problem! not my problem either but if the business is unable to actually function, it's everyone's f*&^ing problem when the project fails and we don't get paid!
Actually Baz, I have occasionally found the same behaviour in narrow minded Abap Consultants as well - " Not in the Functional Spec, so not my problem, old boy, go raise a change request"
But sure that's standard operating procedure! mind reading is not normal a prerequisite for a job... :lol:

but if a Functional Consultant forgets to add something fundamental into the blueprint, that's a f*ck up!!! (my example is to do with payment and payroll runs and only goes as far as generating the BACS file... so they will sit there on the server and no people or vendors will ever get paid - not really the way to stay in business for too long...)
Baz

AsPiRiNg tUlY iDiOt Image

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

check out my Podcasts http://dj-baz.podomatic.com

sapsepo

Post by sapsepo » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:39 am

It's not a bug it's a feature.

bgamble

Post by bgamble » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:05 am

Any male in leather pants
In my opinion, Pepper Spray is underutilized as an effective tool for scope control

rangachary

Post by rangachary » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:39 am

Baz wrote:
rangachary wrote:
But sure that's standard operating procedure! mind reading is not normal a prerequisite for a job... :lol:

but if a Functional Consultant forgets to add something fundamental into the blueprint, that's a f*ck up!!! (my example is to do with payment and payroll runs and only goes as far as generating the BACS file... so they will sit there on the server and no people or vendors will ever get paid - not really the way to stay in business for too long...)
That is absolutely true, if a functional consultant omits something so fundamental, your point is valid. However, most things get omitted because they are not stated as a requirement by the business reps. There are only so many things that can be proactively recommended without affecting scope significantly.

I would like to stab Process Owners/Key users who omit to mention something very fundamental to their business, because they assume that the Functional Consultant is a mind reader. And then they quietly bring it up 20 days before go live - " I know I signed the blueprint off, but we can't go live without this."

Gothmog

Post by Gothmog » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:05 am

Be careful, guys.
You're nearly having a sensible discussion in GD - soon you'll be talking about SAP here.
And that will make me want to stab you. :mrgreen:
68 74 74 70 3a 2f 2f 74 69 6e 79 75 72 6c 2e 63 6f 6d 2f 62 64 6f 37 6d 77 67

bgamble

Post by bgamble » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:02 am

The Dutch

Baz

Post by Baz » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:58 am

bgamble wrote:The Dutch
and i thought their liberal views on sex and soft drugs may have appealed to certain individuals... not all...
Baz

AsPiRiNg tUlY iDiOt Image

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

check out my Podcasts http://dj-baz.podomatic.com

bgamble

Post by bgamble » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:13 am

Baz wrote:
bgamble wrote:The Dutch
and i thought their liberal views on sex and soft drugs may have appealed to certain individuals... not all...
Perhaps but their views regarding soft sex were quite insulting to me this weekend

The Prince Of Darkness
Location: Either on a train or in a pub (if neither, arguing with an Eastern Block work colleague)

Post by The Prince Of Darkness » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:18 am

If my dog does a curly one on a public place and I don't pick it up, I get a fine.

Yet, I was at a football (soccer) match Monday, and I stepped in to a horse turd right up to my knees.

One rule for one......
Former SAP PM, looking to move in Lawn Mower business

VLozano

Post by VLozano » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:58 am

Where the bloody hell you play football, PoD?
Tuly Idiots
Because we know we are part of the problem