What is the best Pad device to use...

Discussion about non-SAP related issues: Inquiries, Personal & Commercial advertisements, etc. ( For registered users only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish, The Prince Of Darkness

DrSidewalk2

What is the best Pad device to use...

Post by DrSidewalk2 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:14 am

I've played around with the iPad and although I can't fault the device and interface I have to admit that I simply do not like the Apple interface software. That's enough to put me off. Getting my iPhone4 and my sons iPod updated via iTunes seems to be luck rather than by any logically interface. My wife feels exactly the same about this software as well. iTunes has left me emotionally scarred.

I also had a play with the Samsung pad today. This has an Android interface and seems to work very well. You can move software to it via a USB connection, or via internet/bluetooth/3G of course. The USB connection is proprietary though, having a special Samsung cable with a USB connection on the one end a Samsung interface on the other. It looks like an e-sata connection, but isn't.

I know there's a few other pads out there, like the DELL for example and wondered if anyone would care to comment on any that they've used. Positive and negative points would be handy.

I would prefer sanitary product jokes to be bypassed. ;)

Dr Sidewalk

darkduck

Re: What is the best Pad device to use...

Post by darkduck » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:41 am

Having Android, you do not need to connect it to computer at all. You can simply download everything directly to your device. Either from Internet (obvious) or from your home computer if you have wireless.
Some services like Dropbox can even smooth the edge between the two.
Ask me (here or in PM), I can help you if you have questions.
I have HTC Desire phone and like it. Used to connect it to computer to copy music/audiobooks, but recently found out this is not necessary. Most file browsers (like ASTRO for example) have built-in network capabilities.
SAP FI FAQ: http://en.sap.darkduck.com

Just before submitting any question, have a look at http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html please...

Baz

Post by Baz » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:28 am

I was given an iPhone 4 32gb and thought i would try it! so successfully jailbroken and run cydia and install.us... lol

Anyway, i hate apple as it decided to reorganise my 140gb mp3 collection into a completely unusable format from which there is no undo!

why is it then when Microsoft released and bundled products, they were anticompetitive and yet when apple do it, they are innovative?
bastards need to sort my music out, tout suite!!!!

p.s. i kept the iphone though... just hate the "integration". although tethered is a better description! hate it hate it hate it!
would never buy apple..... bastards!!!!
Baz

AsPiRiNg tUlY iDiOt Image

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

check out my Podcasts http://dj-baz.podomatic.com

Craig

Post by Craig » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:24 am

Hmm.. I don't hardly ever link up my Ipad to the desktop. I buy and download everything directly to the Ipad. I have copied some of my CD's over from the desktop. I only ever connect to my desktop maybe once every 2-3 months to back up any music purchases.

Maybe I'm not as interactive with mine as some people.

The only thing I really really hate about the IPAD is the photo functionality. For being known for graphics and photography on the Mac, Apple totally missed the mark in the photo app on the IPAD.

Craig

Marlboro

Post by Marlboro » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:31 am

I have held off buying an Ipad for lack of Flash support and an decent VNC program (linix). What are people's experience in a flashless internet?

muhnkee_2
Location: where the sun is shining, drinks are cold and the food is good

Post by muhnkee_2 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:13 pm

i am generally a late adopter of technology, but i have to say i got an ipad for christmas and it is bloody marvelous.
now when i am on the train going to work, i can flick on my ipad, check my email, respond in detail, using a good size key board and with no wait for it to fire up, connect etc.
then read a magazine (check out project magazine for the ipad)
then watch a movie in HD
and its still got tons of battery left!
i agree with craig though, the fact that you cant do anything but view your photos on it is a surprising limitation.
i also have a HTC Desire for work, the wireless tethering broadband hotspot thing is great, but the rest of the phone feels 2nd rate compared to my iphone.
thats my 2p
btw - i still dont have a tv, so judge me how you will!
Author of Discover SAP ERP HCM
A high level introduction to the capabilities and functionality of SAP HR
Available now from SAP Press
http://sap-press.com/product.cfm?account=&product=H2989

bgamble

Post by bgamble » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:27 pm

Ipad good fire bad
In my opinion, Pepper Spray is underutilized as an effective tool for scope control

Craig

Post by Craig » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:21 am

My biggest thing with the photos is not being able to organize them on the IPAD. I don't even need to do anything else with them. But it would be nice to simply be able to move them into different folders. Everytime I download a picture from the web, or one from email that my wife might send me, I have to wait until I'm on the desktop to manage them. That functionality should be there from day 1 and I shouldn't need a separate app to do it.

Craig

harrison425

Post by harrison425 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:15 pm

iPad is honestly probably the best device you can have. I just really feel like Apple carries a really great line of great looking products with clean designs that are professional looking and fancy. Meeting with clients with the device is very professional and engages them to interact with your media. And yes, I agree that the main downside really is the photo folder capabilities.

YuriT

Post by YuriT » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:29 am

harrison425 wrote:iPad is honestly probably the best device you can have. I just really feel like Apple carries a really great line of great looking products with clean designs that are professional looking and fancy. Meeting with clients with the device is very professional and engages them to interact with your media.
Wellcome to SapFans, Mr. Jobs